Depressions because Poker

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
May be better to do a pause and try to relax.then read some articles and book about poker.it helps...gl

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look around yourself, look around your life, look around your family and friends and then says - IT IS ONLY GAME
Start living with the motto - today lost, tomorrow win.

B

brityi79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a tournament player prepare to be depressed a lot . even great tourny players lose a good percentage of the time.It's an evil roller coaster lol.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in depression now, I losing 50$ now... :(

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As someone who does suffer from depression, I feel that if losing money in poker is a trigger for your depression, you should stop playing. Especially if you're depression leads to anything else. For example, my depression leads to self harm.

Poker isn't a trigger for me because I understand losses are a huge part of the game. I play tournaments, which has the most variance and can be very brutal, but I enjoy it. I also pay within my bankroll (most of the time) and my poker funds are a separate from everything else. So, losing has no affect on my life and winning is just a bonus.

I think if you wish to continue playing, you need to understand that you will lose money at times. If you're playing a small volume of games, these losses can feel magnetized because it feels like you're losing every game when, in reality you've only played a handful. This is why playing large volumes of games is preferred if you're playing optimally. Losing/winning one game is not an accurate measure of skill, nor is losing 10 games. You've probably heard that poker tonight a long term game and you should keep that in mind during losing steaks.

However, like I said, if losing and losing money is too much for you, this probably isn't the game for you.

D

DEE123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good discussion! Yes we all have ups and downs some of us more than others.When i was learning to play I got so mad I slammed my moue down on the dest however my wrist hit the desk first and the resulting crack is a sound I never want to hear again! Now when I play a tournament of over 700 peeps to win 2 dollars and bubble before the money I can cont on great cards and bad beats....even have learned to just fold and hang on....I love playing poker keeps my mind alert and other benefits too. So relax, enjoy and do not slam your mouse on the desk.....Is not worth it!

D

DEE123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good discussion! Yes we all have ups and downs some of us more than others.When i was learning to play I got so mad I slammed my moue down on the desk however my wrist hit the desk first and the resulting crack is a sound I never want to hear again! Now when I play a tournament of over 700 peeps to win 2 dollars and bubble before the money I can count on great cards and bad beats....even have learned to just fold and hang on....I love playing poker keeps my mind alert and other benefits too. So relax, enjoy and do not slam your mouse on the desk.....Is not worth it!

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play for a chance and will always benefit poor distribution of analyzes and forget.

Alexeyss

Alexeyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play only turbo's. The normal length tournaments are really too long. Also I play a lot. After a while you don't really mind the losing.

And as I mentioned in another post; first learn to loose, then start winning.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We should make a pause or play cause more u play more chances to win u have

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
better is to invest a small amount of money and to play not for profit , for pleasure

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to listen to music while playing not think much about the bad shots and try to recover from these bad beats acuerdate in a tournament beating a final table or 1 position earn a lot and it is very difficult to enter to win many tournaments in a row

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will get used to it. Just keep in mind that your life shouldn't be based in a game. Study more, and doesn't spend your food money in something so unstable. Remember that "instant success" takes a lot of time(and money) to happen if you're not in the luckiest 1% of the people in the world.

T

tomdugma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never lose
but when i lose, i put up sport cloths and go running
its release stress and letting those bad beats go..
and also sport is always good in general :)

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi...this dependence on games is better to treat..Yes! Treated by the psychologist, if he can not handle...it's a painful condition..you can not sink into depression from the game-although we sometimes were at this place.but when this state is long....this should not be..

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get depressed when the game does not happen as I had predicted, these hours go into full panic.