Depressions because Poker

B

beastisdabest

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even the best of the best lose when playing perfectly, don't let it get you down. if it does maybe you should just take a break from poker until you can emotionally handle the ups and downs

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i know the feeling that affects me to a lot ...spend some hours ,spend some money and then you lose from a bad beat that may affect emotionnaly anyone thats true i can imagine how stressful might be for proffesional players to lose a fortune....Dont be ungry when you play do other thinks, you cant win to all games, play the money you can effort ..enjoy your game and good luck!!

M

massagegirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play 3 or 4 tournaments at a time, get knocked out of 1 , continue on with 3 and add a fourth as needed.

lonaug

lonaug

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it sucks man, but try to think positively and never loose the grip. Try once and once again even when you lose everything in a bad beat! It has happened to me and I know how terrible is that feeling.

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You lose way more often than you win in tournament poker, its just something you have to get used to over time

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am angry when i lose,too. especially lose in bubble, lose with A-K, A-Q, AA,KK.
But you must understand there is only 10% or less in the money. It means 90% of players are in angry after playing poker.
You should try freerolls if you always lose at a buy-in tournament.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, its a familiar feeling but it does't last too long.

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how it feels, that's sick, and that's makes me angry , but I hate when I lose in the bubble and I get depressed because I spent so many hours playing and I just loose all my money

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its poker, its part of the game and you just have to learn to be happy in the plays you decide to make

DavidUAH

DavidUAH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad

I always try to move on and think that if I did not win anything in that tournament it is because It was not mine tournament, the next could be mine

E

ELDONKOII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
realistically you are only gonna cash 1/4 1/5 of the time in say 150 player mtt live and some of the beats are just as bad as online ,but the idea is to have fun playing poker and enjoy the experience, in my view if you are getting depressed because you arent winning ,you thinking of it as just a money making experience and not a good time this will subconciously put more pressure on you to do well because you expect a payout... take a break think about your game and not the $ you may or may not win, it will make you a better player.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everybody.

I often have the problem that I am depressed if I am out of a tournament. I spent many hours, grow my stack, have a relatively big stack and than I am out because bad beats or something without winning anything. Than I feel angry, depressed, sad and so on. Do you know this too and if yes how do you handle this ? Thanks for answers.

There are many ways to think of this, but I will give you a few examples.

In baseball if you are good you are a .300 hitter that mean 7/10 times you fail. Just think of that 7/10 times you fail & you are considered a good player. Now take that mentality to poker MTT's.... you will cash if you are a good MTT players approximately 20% of the time. That means you will FAIL 8/10 times. All you can do is play good poker & let the cards fall how they may. In the long run luck will even out. I say this with all respect, but if you are NOT having fun playing the game then why do something that doesn't please you?

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore your feelings for good.

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is more than a game to a lot of people. You can make a living off of it and a lot of people hold it to a different standard

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch Phil ivey lose HU against someone drunk as can be, and he still lost and was laughing. You gotta let your results talk. Go review your hands, you should be happy with your plays

M

monoskyx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is only a game
play again and win again

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I throughout many bad beats in online poker , the solution is to stop playing for a while and cool your head until you are ready again.

arbahool

arbahool

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everybody.

I often have the problem that I am depressed if I am out of a tournament. I spent many hours, grow my stack, have a relatively big stack and than I am out because bad beats or something without winning anything. Than I feel angry, depressed, sad and so on. Do you know this too and if yes how do you handle this ? Thanks for answers.
Yeah i know that feeling,it is so frustrating.Once that happened to me few times in a row and I just stoped playing.I felt like luck is my worst enemy,but that things simply happens and when its done you cant do anything bout it.Try to stay calm and collected,everybody have that period.And if you play real money games dont risk money wich you cant afford,play with bankroll you can afford and for wich you wont be sorry if you lose.

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I began to practice yoga. It improved my mental state. I became calmer to suffer setbacks in poker.

anonimalit

anonimalit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im tilt more in cash games , because loose more money fast =(

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im tilt more in cash games , because loose more money fast =(

Cash is only for serious play,if you want action game ,play freerools.Cash playing tooks a lot time and patience thats why frequently we cannot wait good cards to play and loose all our money.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree!!!recently im playing only mtt and make some benefit cause few times got final and even hu.. Thats why now im not practicing cash.moreover cash is played when u r playing proffessionaly for earning only but not for fun .

M

monoskyx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is only a game man, play for fun
sure you can take revenge

messer21

messer21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm soo tired and sad, i cant more :( I played and I was wrong, so quit now throughout December and just came back wanting to lose what little I have left Bank ..