Crypto Currency Poll - Question #5

Do you believe the volatility of crypto makes it appealing as a poker player?

• Total voters
natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like the ability to withdraw quickly on the poker sites.
I have not and will not use crypto as an investment. I for one am too old and can't withstand the volatility.
I did make some extra cash when I made some crypto withdrawals, and the price of bitcoin went up.
To me, poker players tend to base their decisions on mathematics not volatility.

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that many people are used to it and use it

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, not really. I'd say my poker playing tactics are more on the conservative side compared to most players, same as my investment tactics, and I've done well in both. I've never thought of either as get rich overnight schemes.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is still too early to have crypto security, it will still be some time before these financial assets reach the general public and have international stability in transactions.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not see any correlation between a cryptocurrency's volatility and it's appeal to a poker player......The game itself has lot of randomness, I don't need more.....

>>>P.S. (in case there is a Crypto Currency Poll - Question #6): No, I'M NOT INTERESTED in cryptocurrency poker.....:mad::mad:

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Cryptocurrency volatility is not attractive to a poker player, which is why, among other things, I stay away from it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would not buy cryptocurrency to play Poker, I would participate in a freeroll with a prize from crypto

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A

AcesHighAGMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Let us know your thoughts on using Crypo Currency. Please answer the poll question and add comments in this thread. (There will be 4 other poll questions in separate threads).

Crypto Currency Poll - Question #1
Crypto Currency Poll - Question #2
Crypto Currency Poll - Question #3
Crypto Currency Poll - Question #4

Everyone who participates in all 5 Poll Questions will receive 25 VIP points.
Personally it isnt worth it to me because that 1 Bitcoin I cash in now for 19K could very well spike again to 30K or higher, and im not willing to pay more to get less.

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cryptocurrency is convenient for transferring money between rooms and allows you to quickly make deposits and withdrawals of money. However, due to its volatility, you can both increase your bankroll and significantly reduce it))

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because it's something very volatile, I think it's hard for cryptos to be used in poker

N

nicodev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Let us know your thoughts on using Crypo Currency. Please answer the survey question and add comments to this thread. (There will be 4 other survey questions in separate threads.)

Cryptocurrency Survey - Question #1
Cryptocurrency Survey - Question #2
Cryptocurrency Survey - Question #3
Cryptocurrency Survey - Question #4

Everyone who takes part in the 5 questions of the survey will receive 25 VIP points.
Cryptocurrencies always seem like a good option to me, I agree!

J

jday00m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldnt volitility make it less attractive ??

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the last thing I want with my bankroll is volatility. Variance is all the volatility I want.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hilarious. Imagine your poker bankroll dropping
90 pct in value over 30 days and you did not play a single cash game. You would believe someone hacked your account.

Now the only thing one can be wondering is if I would play at a poker site using crypto. I think at least 8 yrs ago, maybe Seals for Clubs was or is like one of the first crypto poker rooms out there. I never got around to playing there as I did not know if crypto was convertible to cash . Now with poker rooms accepting crypto, they automatically convert it to dollars on your account so you do not have to bet in crypto. Which is smart. Betting in crypto would be as odd to a person as betting on poker in a foreign currency.

An embarassing part of crypto is the amount of electricity it consumes for mining. Just that part of being a currency should have doomed its use.

Last edited:
Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will probably repeat. Today, cryptocurrency is a big risk and uncertainty. And its wide application is possible sometime in the future.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Krypto currency doesn't interest me at the moment, but it's relatively new and who know, it may be more popular as time passes.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting question. I see that the majority of those responding here say "not at all." I answered, "Somewhat" because I think that many poker players also like to gamble, and I see investing in this as a complete gamble.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time will tell how it will be in the future

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slightly - a small part of the bankroll could be invested in crypto in the long term.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Do you believe the volatility of crypto makes it appealing as a poker player?
Slightly because it is a bit of a gamble and many poker players enjoy a bit of a gamble!!​

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree very much with @bapfel's post.

Cryptocurrency are too speculative to use it as a poker currency in my opinion.

Your bankroll will be much more influences by the change in value of the currency rather than your poker play or success. 😅
I agree . crypto seems like a scam to me

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I didn't use cripto at all, but i read about this subject a little.
Imo cripto (and any other speculative moneymaking) is not a serious business, so i stay away from it.
Cause of high volatility, i would not use it in poker and nowhere else.