Crypto Currency Poll - Question #5

Do you believe the volatility of crypto makes it appealing as a poker player?

• Total voters
ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fluctuation isn’t good for me at all, that’s why I don’t want to start in Crypto either, but never say never.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker players can expect a large profit that translates their winnings into cryptocurrency, but for most professional players who prefer not to invest in cryptocurrency, but to give back currency preference:)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's hard to say anything about that, especially because I didn't understand what votality was at first lol. But luckily there is something like Google and I think I understood it a bit. I also didn't track how far apart the fluctuations in crypto are, so I can't really say anything about it.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Not really, I don't think I will use a cryptocurrency as poker account currency.
I mean it will be affected by the market more than your play..

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think volatility is appealing in poker. But the world needs to understand that not crypto is what is volatile. It's certain types of crypto. There is crypto for everyone, for those who like volatility and for those who don't. There are stablecoins. You can make the price of a crypto to follow exactly the price of anything, even real estate, gold, dollars or anything else. Crypto is just a concept, not a specific coin with a specific volatility. Crypto can be as volatile as your own money is in the world. Crypto can be even less volatile than things considered non-volatile, like fiat. Crypto can be anything you want it to be. Crypto only needs talented people to do just that.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At the end of the day, everyone of us wants money for exactly one reason: To buy stuff. What good is a colorful slip of paper or a number on your computer screen if you can't do anything with it?

I consider the investment in crypto currencies an unpredictable gamble and poker players are, compared to the general population, more inclined to take risks and patiently await a future day when they will 'score big time', no matter how slim the chances for that may look like.
'Small chances'? My friend who withdrew $3300 from a poker room in bitcoin in December 2019 and saved it, saw this money jump to $69k in 2 years. And if you didn't execute profit, even with the current drop you still have $20k. But if you want security, deposit your money in the bank. There it will appreciate about 6% per year. Look how wonderful.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
'Small chances'? My friend who withdrew $3300 from a poker room in bitcoin in December 2019 and saved it, saw this money jump to $69k in 2 years.
For every winner there are many losers.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
A little bit. Unfortunately, I had a negative experience. The first one was when I had to reinstall Windows (Lost my wallet key. At that time, I still had to store the key on my PC.) The second time I lost money when the rate fell. (And a lot, at least for me. What's interesting is that I just withdrew my money and suddenly there was such an ambush! I thought it was okay. The rate will not fall all the time!? But unfortunately it went on for a whole year!!!) .

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Volatility seems to me to be very complicated, you have to be well informed about it, but as a poker player it seems to me that it has nothing to do with it.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that many poker players are forced to use cryptocurrencies, as many poker rooms offer these conditions. And the players have no choice.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Might be a great way to launder money (as seen in El Salvador, etc).

Otherwise, pyramid scheme of the month/tulip bulbs...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends whether you're investing in crypto or simply using crypto as a proxy instrument to send/receive payments. I mean it's a huge difference if your crypto wallet is always at zero or if you're keeping funds in it as a investment.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have doubts about the use of cryptocurrency, I don't know if I would use

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me no it does not. Poker is a skill game. Crypto is an investment and could be base on information like a stock and that takes skill but Crypto looks more like a pure gamble to me. Its could be an investment but feels like gambling.

P

pipayura

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to buy cryptocurrency and then use it to play poker. I calculated all the interest on mining, looked at the exchange rates and came to the conclusion that this is a bad idea. I lose a lot on transfers and withdrawals. I would not recommend it, especially since the cryptocurrency is not stable and is not fixed in anything. This is the air that they try to pass off as material goods.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
this is possible, although I don't think so :), maybe for those who want to bet much more :))

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think the volatility is appealing to poker players. The gamble/investment angle maybe to some.

Seems like many people in different countries find it better for withdrawing etc. For me in the UK there is little need of this tho.