could a player independently freeze other players table?

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's posssible no.

Firstly, if a player had the capability to do such a thing then he could do something much better and at much higher stakes rather than make a few bucks from you in a micros. Not being rude, just being honest. If someone really could do such things, I'm sure they would hack something much more worth while.

Stop being paranoid :)

Lol... I'm not being paranoid... Just curious. Guess you didn't read the other post where I mentioned that it wasn't necessarily about money.
I think if someone was doing it, it would be more for the aggravation value than to make any money.(isn't that what most hackers enjoy, annoying people???).. there are plenty of hackers out there and I'd bet some of them play poker. Thanks for all the replys!

. Most say it isn't possible for them to hack the poker game and I believe that but what I asked originally was
............ What I am wondering is if it is possible that an expert hacker who plays poker could somehow manipulate (freeze) my game by hacking into my computer. Just wondering...:confused:
Notice I say "by hacking into MY computer".... Really, I'm not paranoid...just curious...

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**Sighs**
Seems like we have forgotten all about the AP/UB "Super User's"... I know this is a thing of the past, but I am surprised it was not brought up...

Is it possible... yes... is it plausible... no.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**Sighs**
Seems like we have forgotten all about the AP/UB "Super User's"... I know this is a thing of the past, but I am surprised it was not brought up...

Probably because it has absolutely nothing to do with the problem discussed. If Superusers were the culprit, the screen would not be freezing, the owners or programmers of the site would be cheating you by seeing you hole cards, no need for freezing.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
**Sighs**

Actually it seems you don't understand how the super users worked. It was a backdoor in the server-side code, that the site executives used and gave out to their friends. It was not something done by regular players or through the client itself. And certainly not at micro stakes. Ever since, the scrutiny on client code has been pretty high. The odds of such a backdoor exploit happening again are extremely unlikely, and besides is not what the OP asked therefore it isn't relevant to the conversation.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry... you two of course are correct... my mind is wandering... I'll go back to sleep. I really did not mean to add confusion to the subject.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok interesting post why would a super user disconnect you?

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on bovada it always froze up when i got AA or KK..thats why i cashed out and left them.

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is highly unlikely with all the security measures and if someone could do this and not get caught it would be in the higher stakes games.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds like u have a sluggish PC, or bad connection.. I have not had anything like this happen to me during my online play this time around, in the past i have been disconnected with big hands in the middle of play and was forced to fold due to disconnect.