Controlling Emotions

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one of the main mistakes of beginners is when the player begins to stay in the range of awards in micro or fictitious tournaments and comes to believe that he has already learned the game and can already be profitable. That was one of my mistakes. Believing he had enough experience to risk higher tournaments. Now I play a lot of freerolls with the intention of learning more and having more experience in poker. I saw that I was very anxious and that bluffing was not so simple. My bluffs defeated me. Now I am looking to learn more and control my impulses in games. I hope it can help anyone starting out.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You know you posted the same thing twice?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wrote on my cell phone and thought I had not sent the post. Excuse me.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the same line as you, a long time in the negative and without many expectations, today bitter around 1000dolares negative in online games
if it were not the live tournaments I was even chipped
i do not have the right patience for very long games, so I preference to sit & go, maybe I should switch to other game formats

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we talk about bluffing, this should be done correctly and in a timely manner. I try to use bluff less. You sit quietly accumulating the stack and the moment comes when you want to make a bluff and take the pot. But before you bluff a hundred times think. And it does not turn out the opposite. You now just give a piece of your chips to your opponent. Bluff is the art of the game. not all of them

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is immediately evident that you're not crusem a novice, and the main lesson learned..Know how to analyze their mistakes.Experience typed more, and any limits you are subject to.Good luck!!!!!

V

vivian_hamamoto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this happens to me too every beginner must make the same mistake

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think even though being experienced, any poker player has to know how to control his emotions and bluff has to know the moment and do not think he will win all the time.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me emotion control means when you lose a hand what you will do then whether loss will make you spoil the game and make other mistakes or you will stay calm and focused and continue the game calmly

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm normally a pretty relaxed person so I don't find it too difficult to just keep my cool consistently. I dont understand how people at the felt can almost get in fights. Its just a game of poker guys.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you lose money, do not you want to get them back now ?, this feeling if you get you lose control now

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one of the main mistakes of beginners is when the player begins to stay in the range of awards in micro or fictitious tournaments and comes to believe that he has already learned the game and can already be profitable. That was one of my mistakes. Believing he had enough experience to risk higher tournaments. Now I play a lot of freerolls with the intention of learning more and having more experience in poker. I saw that I was very anxious and that bluffing was not so simple. My bluffs defeated me. Now I am looking to learn more and control my impulses in games. I hope it can help anyone starting out.

Controlling emotions, unfortunately, is not a habit and not a character trait that can be worked out over time. Only a small part of the players can control their emotions regarding poker. All the blame for excitement, and excitement - is a disease. Believe me, there will not be a year when many will begin to understand that they can not control their emotions, not only when bluffing, but also when managing a bankroll, communicating with players. Chemistry, namely, the harmonics that are allocated at a certain moment in the player's brain can not be controlled - it is possible only to shield completely from the game, or limit its quantity, which will also give a tangible result.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have described a players lack of experience, rather than control of emotional problems. But, yes, what you say is important to realize. Proper bankroll management is for top players!

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

To control your emotions is very difficult that you need to learn for a very long time the tilde is the main enemy pokerista.

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing free tournaments and tournaments with buy in is very different so I think you should study it in ways like strategy poker or others, but also you can practice in tournaments playing them.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no offense but playing in freerolls does not give the right experience and the more so this is the last place where you can correctly and in time learn to bluff I advise you to read books on poker

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Controlling Emotions ?
easier to say than to do
Of course I say in my name ;)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With Time, I stopped feeling emotions. Probably worth climbing a couple of limits above))