Conspiracy Theory? (Collusion)

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not going to name poker sites or nationalities or limits since it's a little more fun that way, but has anyone noticed on certain sites, and certain levels that certain country men/women may or may not sit at a table and work in teams?

Conspiracy theory or???

Aaaand go!

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
collusion is rampant everywhere. so probably yes. if you suspect it contact the site reps.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to notice a lot of Romanians in SNG single table at Carbon swearing in other language.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hah, if you think it cant be done live you got another thing coming, i see it weekly at my rooms

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ‘huge’ number of bad beats is undoubtedly the most persistent conspiracy theory about online poker. To be fair, sometimes it may seem that way, but there is an easy explanation – some players’ perception of the amount of bad beats they get as opposed to the ones they deal out is way off. This leads them to the only logical conclusion – the game is rigged against me and I’m the best player in the world!

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There have been alleged reports of rooms full of people playing the same tables online in order to give them all an edge. pokerstars I knwo for a fact does it's very best in order to prevent this. I can't say much for the other sites though.

Collusion will happen as long as there is online poker and a way to mask your IP / Location, it's part of the risk of playing online poker.
Whilst this gives those people an edge, the chances of sitting down at a table with 2 or more people playing from the same room is small, and even then it's still beatable!

What's better then beign a winning player on a table full of randoms?
Being a winning player on a table full of people colluding against you.

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to think the same thingh when i first start to play poker :)),i don't think is any conspiracy!

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't know what site or what group you are talking about but people have been caught before. I remember a big Chinese group on Stars before. I don't really pay attention now because I don't play for money (my money) online.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think conspiracy then why are you playing?

If you think conspiracy then why are you playing?

Doesn't make any sense to me that you would play.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars, says that is always monitoring this type of players, but I believe not, impossible to make a control, if the opponent that logged the same ip, already imagined this playing at a table of 10 players and 3 of them friends, surely you will lose your money.:mad:

J

JohnBoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they play in teams, but from my experience I can say that different nationalities behave different on the average. E.g. russians tend to play aggressive.

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Already pay enough attention to these players and some that already have realized my notes saved them. They appear much in the cash game tables. Trabaham team to win the money of others.

billbaffles

billbaffles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure there are probably groups of people who use instant messenger to tell
each other what their cards are as well as call as a group in order to try to beat you. The only thing is if you have a really good hand instead of winning against one opponent in this situation you can win an even bigger pot when you do win.

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure there are probably groups of people who use instant messenger to tell
each other what their cards are as well as call as a group in order to try to beat you. The only thing is if you have a really good hand instead of winning against one opponent in this situation you can win an even bigger pot when you do win.

it probably exists in the narrow circle direction I am more than confident and in considerable quantity:eek:

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt this happens all the time.
If you suspect collusion document it and contact support and the fraud arm of the site will investigate.
If they can prove collusion they will try to make the victims whole and ban the people involved but it is hard to prove .
The sites can control this to a degree by not letting ring players chose their own seats, which Full Tilt tried to do and look what happened to them.
When it comes to online ring games and SNG,s it is definitely something you have to watch out for.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it happens all the times, in some sng i looked for a few players to see them playing in other sngs and i saw them with some of the same players in my table, playing exactly the same way may i was just paranoid, but the reason i still play is because i dont think the sistem helps those players, so i think even they do that they can be beaten in a fair way

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, and the smart sites like pokerstars can catch them very easily

they look at who plays with who, rois, the situation, etc etc