Do you respond to comments in a game online?

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's not offensive sure why not?

I kind of like a little banter online, and don't mind some good natured ribbing IRL either.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll only respond, if it's to my benefit.

eg: If someone complains that I'm playing too slowly, I'll tell them how many seconds I have left, and that I'll use them the next time they're in a hand with me, and that I'll play even more slowly.

That will either shut them up, or make them even angrier, and more likely to make mistakes.

Otherwise, I don't say very much. "Loose lips sink ships."

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you play more than 6 tables
chat comments are distracting
i will not answer them

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
comentarios

nola. I don't usually answer. but when objects are thrown at me I respond with the same.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm good with the fun banter and chatter - nothing poker related. Like to talk with good folks. Players that are arrogant and condescending you just have to ignore and consider the source.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If I answer as long as he gives me the game time to do it and also what he asks, if it is a grievance, I do not answer, I do not enter into Bulgarian confrontations ...

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, if their rude then I pay no mind to them. If they are polite and just making conversation then sure, why not. I don’t do much chatting myself though as I’m busy focusing on the game.

I also do something similar to what Franken222 does when it comes to people complaining about how long myself or some else is taking to play. I’ll say something like “ the more you keep spamming about time that is my choice to use, I’ll just keep using all my time up”. They soon stop spamming the chat, especially if other people at the table start joining in on using their time too.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Well, it depends on how many tables I´m playing in and if the other player is polite .When I´m playing over 4 tables ,it is better to turn off the chat in order to have a comfortable session.

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes ill answer depends on the comment.... but, sometimes cant resist saying something smart after someone who talks shit gets knocked out.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I don't like answering anyone at the table when I'm playing, especially when the opponent starts writing nonsense and starts offending.

Depends. If Haters start to talk (nonense) then i may answer them ...
But then again i may stay quiet while secretly watching how these individuals pretty much talk with themselves in that case :cool:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also rarely pay attention to the comments of my opponents. Instead, I prefer to focus entirely on the game. Also, I usually play 4 or more tables at a time and I just don't have time to comment on anything.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the good way is always focusing on playing rather than answering someone, but if I know they are friendly, I might answer them.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never like to comment or chat during a tournament. I put mute on chat if possible.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online its not serious for me. Live. I dont talk at all and I'm very quiet and just smile and ignore people. I'm in my own little world and nothing anyone does or says can get to me. I'm serious about stacking dollars.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just turn off the chat while playing because it can be very distracting and it can even tilt you, so unless its a friendly home game i think its better to just keep the chat turn off.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not reply to comments in the chat, if possible I turn off the chat in the settings.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes yes but for sure i'm not playing for social.......that sometime i will talking with intelligent people

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I can wish all the players at the table good luck!And to answer nonsense-just like you are not going to-it distracts from the game, control is lost.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If someone complains that I'm playing too slowly, I'll tell them how many seconds I have left, and that I'll use them the next time they're in a hand with me, and that I'll play even more slowly.
LOL!! I know what you're saying. :) Since I was a child I have never really liked being told what to do. Around forty years ago a salesman where I worked once remarked, "It seems like when you tell Emily to speed up, she slows down." ;) Once while shooting skeet I'd just missed an easy target, so before loading my gun and calling for the next target I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to get over it. From behind me I heard someone say "Keep it moving." That was my signal to slow down even more. LOL!!

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it is an insult or derogatory comment I don't respond, but if it is something nice or a question I will usually answer. I play with the screen name EmilyWT and once had someone ask me what the "WT" meant. When I said they were my initials the player said "Oh." Afterwards I looked it up and found that WT is slang for white trash. I guess that we were both correct. LOL!!

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
at live game if i feel a good vibe from another person i like to talk and laugh. At online i used to not talk and chat is off.

i love poker at all.

Top 10 Games