Collusion

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends. Have you ever seen or be a victim of collusion at a poker table? And if you are not sure, do you suspect what could have happened? Then I will tell you something that happened to me a while ago.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hasn't happened to me directly as far as I know. However, a former friend of mine admitted he used to engage in collusion pretty regularly with his roommate during online cash games. Personally, I think it's just as bad as being able to look at someone's cards. Cheaters suck. It's that simple.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends. Have you ever seen or be a victim of collusion at a poker table? And if you are not sure, do you suspect what could have happened? Then I will tell you something that happened to me a while ago.
tell your story
I think it will be interesting[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The main part of all tournaments I play is freerolls, and therefore, no conspiracies threaten me. So, if you are afraid of collusion, play freerolls. :D
Good luck.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on, tell me, very interesting))

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ball is in your court...what happened..where and when?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell us your experience it would be interesting to know how you were a victim of collusion.

I can tell you something that happened to me a long time ago in PS before black friday I received an e-mail where PS returned a few dollars because according to them I was the victim of 2 players who cheated did not specify what it was that they did but I imagine that was collusion in an STT, to be honest I didn't realize it but I guess another player at the table denounced them and that's why PS at that time made that decision

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes, both as a player and as a dealer. In either format (online or live) you should constantly be evaluating (subconsciously) the atmosphere of your gaming experience. If anything seems shady, simply move tables.

Now, tell us about your experience. :)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It didn't happen to me or if it happened I don't know!

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My situation was the following (and it is not the first time that happens to me): bubble of a sit and go 9 max, a chip leader on my right, another big one on my left and in front of me with 500 more chips than me, a absent player. Between the two big they protected the absent and never stole the blinds, being that one or the other was always there for me (and I who did not tie good hands like facing them). But the fact that bothered me is that it seemed a lot of "coincidence" that neither of the big two stole the absent person. Obviously I did not enter prizes.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always suspected that the reason that sites like pokerstars move players to different tables is because the software detects the possibility of collusion. I've experienced collusion both in a live table setting, when I realized, in retrospect, that two players were signalling each other, and especially in hyper satellite tournaments, when I witnessed players sometimes folding hands against their strategic interests for the purpose of helping another player and hurting me.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ipoker series one time had sit-and-go jackpots. I don't know if they exist now or not. I haven't played there for a long time. There it was necessary to take 1 place 5 times in a row. And quite often the same faces flashed across the tables. Squeezed out the players and drained the stack on one. Very annoying.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My situation was the following (and it is not the first time that happens to me): bubble of a sit and go 9 max, a chip leader on my right, another big one on my left and in front of me with 500 more chips than me, a absent player. Between the two big they protected the absent and never stole the blinds, being that one or the other was always there for me (and I who did not tie good hands like facing them). But the fact that bothered me is that it seemed a lot of "coincidence" that neither of the big two stole the absent person. Obviously I did not enter prizes.

An extremely incredible story. You may be better off finding a safer hobby where a big conspiracy theory is less likely.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I never saw colusion on a table I suspect some Russians and Canadences playing in groups but I can't prove it

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see it all the time in poker star. usually Russia and Ukraine and they dump chips to each other

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One month ago I was playing in ACR and a american guy cheat me and talk to other players play against me and other player because we arent american. It was near ITM and he want that I get out before ITM. 3 americans was very short stack (I and guy not american were short too), this guy was chip leader and always that we fold (I and the other not american), he fold to one of 3 americans that was short stack. I dont think that they made this together.

I tried to play like always I play and after ITM, I got him out of the tournament.
I think that he tried to make me nervous but I tried to stay calm all the time

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seen it in an old forum game I used to play in they were husband and wife and it was obvious what they were doing.It was reported to the forum admin but nothing was done about it.That forum no longer exists now.:):):)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it happens, I think it is difficult to resolve, may happen more in sit and go. Adapt or give up.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate, I´ve never experienced it.It must be difficult to prove it .

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that even if there are such players at the tables, sooner or later they will be calculated and blocked for violating the rules.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have, at a friends house, husband and wife. We had been playing there for about a year, pocket of loose about 300 a night, not big time stuff. I noticed the couple looking at each other or moving hands a bit odd. I watched as best I could over a period of about for game nights. Still not 100% sure I asked another player to watch and be I could finish he said I have been watching them too. So the next few times I tried to play according to what they where doing but then just decided to quit that group. It folded a few months later, not to sure why but I can guess. They are still friends but I never mention it.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing is clear, but very interesting ... But I will say - in online games did not have to deal with collusion. And I hope that the corresponding services of poker rooms will quickly stop such phenomena.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once a player gave chips to other players blatantly, it was in homegames, but with real money prizes.
Of the stupidest thing I've seen, that player was folding on the river, and letting the other players win the pot.
I think I should report that player for doing that stupid maneuver.