Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of the (many) nicknames which have been assigned to me at the felts is 'the cockroach'... :laugh:

Today I have played a game called 'Cockroach Poker' and am interested if anyone else has ever played it?

The statements have no intrinsic connection besides for the word 'cockroach'...

Presumably a fair few people wouldn't appreciate such a nickname, but I'm rather fond of it! :biggrin:

That is all. :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ditto, never heard the term used for anything other than occasionally for a player in a tournament that is surviving with a short stack thanks to some fortunate runouts.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of the (many) nicknames which have been assigned to me at the felts is 'the cockroach'... :laugh:

Today I have played a game called 'Cockroach Poker' and am interested if anyone else has ever played it?

The statements have no intrinsic connection besides for the word 'cockroach'...

Presumably a fair few people wouldn't appreciate such a nickname, but I'm rather fond of it! :biggrin:

That is all. :)

No never played, I did have a google tho, looks interesting! Always on the lookout for a new game, although I don't seem to play games regularly enough for my liking.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard of such a discipline in poker.What it characterizes in the game.Cockroaches can be in the head-but in the game I do not know).

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So it's not exactly a 'true' poker variant, but is a lot of fun..

You'll see it if you head to Google, it's actually a kids game but is pretty hilarious to play and there are without doubt transferable skills, good poker players definitely have an advantage! :)

I think the game would work well with friends & a few drinkies..

Nobody has ever suggested my Cockroach moniker had anything to do with fortunate runouts, as far as I'm aware it was given to me after regularly get knocked down to a few BB's but seemingly always surviving to reinfest kitchens.

Stamp on the bastards and they lay a thousand eggs I remember someone saying..

Anyway... :laugh:

dacrackman_187

dacrackman_187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
roaches

Never heard of it but thats a funny nickname though! Id say hell yeah roaches are survivors! U must be too

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same here, that is a new one on me.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ok, so I'll explain how the game works...

You could play it with a normal deck of cards but usually it is played with a particular deck, with the game Cockroach Poker.

It's basically a bluff game.

There are six different types of creature (cockroach stinkbug scorpion spider toad rat) and there eight cards of each type. At the beginning of each the game four random cards are removed.

A player takes a turn and places a card face down in front of another player and declares it to be a certain creature.

The player who has received the card may either call out the previous player as telling the truth, lying or alternatively if they're not sure and don't want to guess, they may look at the card themselves and then they have to pass the card onto a new player and either declare it to be the creature the previous player stated it was, or declare it to be another creature.

If you call someone out correctly they have to keep the card face up in front of them, if you're wrong you keep it in front of you.

First person with four cards of the same creature face up in front of them loses.

Good times! :biggrin:

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the first time I hear about such a game, but I would try to play.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For the first time I heard from you about such a game !!! It became interesting to me and I watched the video - this is a pretty funny game !!!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After all, your opinion is important to you and not someone else's, I haven't heard anything about such a game. Good luck at the tables!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
After all, your opinion is important to you and not someone else's, I haven't heard anything about such a game. Good luck at the tables!
So very true!

Thank you for your wishes- same to you! :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I have not played it but hey if you like the nickname they gave you there, welcome is the important thing is that you feel comfortable !! I got hold of the dean 10 for the movie the dean !! with Silvester Stallon..lol and I really like this nickname !! it goes with my personality greetings colleague and I wish you many successes