Classic Poker Cards Reimagined as Wild Animals

G

GregorKlingman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gregorklingman/wild-kingdom-playing-cards/description

100% Funded.

Hi everyone! My name is Gregor and I'm the creator of The Wild Kingdom Playing Cards.

To give you a little background and information on the cards without getting into too much detail...
I've always loved playing cards and keep a deck with me wherever I go. I wanted to design a poker deck with 2 specific qualities. Practicality, and Personality. As much as I love the fine art and intricate designs that so many people have put onto playing cards in recent years, I've always been a fan of keeping gaming practical. That means playing cards that are simplistic and visually striking, that don't deter from the gaming experience, but enhance it. As far as "Personality" is concerned, the one thing that I've always thought was missing from classic playing cards, were distinct themes to each suit. After being a big fan of MTG for many years, and seeing the way that each of their 5 colors created personal responses from players, I thought I could create something similar with these playing cards. I decided that animals and our impressions of their personalities would lend itself to creating these connections with players (Not to mention that I love drawing animals). I then created specific backgrounds for each suit, and added many details to create connections between the suits and ranks, and small differences between each mirrored side of the courts.

The Heart Kingdom: Courageous and Loyal (lush leafy background)
The Spade Kingdom: Stealthy and Devious (briar patch background)
The Diamond Kingdom: Clever and Wise (vines and fruits background)
The Club Kingdom: Strong and Steady (wooden branches background)

Please take a look at the kickstarter if you find time. It would be the highest honor for me, to have the support of this community, and I'm happy to have found this great forum (Thanks Roope!) :ucstar:

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Cheers!
-Gregor

jashiggs

jashiggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very impressive sir! your artwork and attention to detail is second to none. I wish you the best of luck with your product!