The Chris Ferguson Bankroll Experiment

T

Tha Grinder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's quite a first post.... Please elaborate

What games do you play, stakes, how long did it take, what name do you play under, how many hours a day do you grind or did you hit it with one big score, etc.

I started a few yrs back and have played both ring and sit and goes mainly some tourneys but I have done many cash outs so my bankroll is is only a few hundred . I stick to small buy-ins and grind it out .

Joaquin666

Joaquin666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya thats insane ive thought about trying it but theres so many fish online now that will call with anything. Lost to a 36 off suit with AA the other day. And he was the one to push all in. Was pretty choked. I just dont understand it anymore.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I started a few yrs back and have played both ring and sit and goes mainly some tourneys but I have done many cash outs so my bankroll is is only a few hundred . I stick to small buy-ins and grind it out .

That's pretty vague....

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had $0 about 2 months ago.. built it up to $400 playing tournaments for all of my BR after winning a little in freerolls.

Now I've used bankroll management and built it up to $1180.

Early stages you just have to risk it all hoping to win big, which I did in the CC real money tourney, got $82 for first, then binked a $4 rush tourney for $350.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard about what chris did about 5 years ago and since then i have come to respect the fact that what this man did happens once in a blue moon!Im not saying it's impossible because he did this as a fact but im saying he couldn't do it again if he tried a 1000 times.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's as uncommon as you think.

There are many on CC and elsewhere that have either succeeded or are on their way to succeeding in following in Ferguson's footsteps.

While some may falter as the stakes get higher, with the right mindset, patience, and discipline a 0-$10,000 challenge within a few years to anyone serious about playing poker as a hobby is probably quite doable. The point that Ferguson was trying to drive home was that BRM and discipline go a LONG way in poker, and can help make anyone with at least a little edge and a few hours a week to spare into a long term winner.

Joaquin666

Joaquin666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im having better luck building my bank roll in live poker than online. 1/2 no limit cash table every second night. Started with 150 now at 970 in 2 weeks. Its better as im playing with pretty much the same 2-3 guys every night and we clean house. You can tell that alot of people are trying the transition to live poker but go with a internet poker mentality. Makes calling bluffs or weak under pairs alot easier!

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm almost halfway thru. My BR is at 4.3k after 20 months of on and off grinding, starting with 2 bucks i won from a uk free roll. I'm an average player but rake back nicely pads my roll when I play my c-games. ( happens a lot!)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management