The Chris Ferguson Bankroll Experiment

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im pretty sure he did this last year, and he completed it and donated his winnings to a childs foundation, he had to start over a couple times when his bankroll wasnt very good, but couple months he stabilized $7ish and went up from ther. and donated his winnings to a child foundation

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya aliengenius put the link, just click that "done."

shiver

shiver

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm actually doing it the other way, my life savings, marriage + kids, house and home and all my belongings also my job, all the way down to zero and extreme poverty by playing full time poker & Jack Daniel's.

J

jacky138

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done 0-$15 on fult tilt b4 when i started play poker in a razz tournament, i was very excited, but lost everyone in the following day.

uvrayz

uvrayz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so did he do it and where can i see his experiment results

H

hugmon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
where can I rerad ferguson experiment

Hi to all I want to read ferguson experiment,I do't know how to get it.:)

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish he would have kept a record. I think it'd be interesting just to see exactly the path he took to do it. On Poker After Dark Huck Seed was trying to get Hellmuth to bet him that he couldn't do it. There's also a tourney called The Ferguson on FTP I wonder if it's kinda inspired by the challenge, because it only costs 1$ to enter.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel like a million people on here have attempted this or something..

M

MichiganKuz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was seriously going to try this, then I decided it would be foolish to quit at $10,000.
;-)

O

Olough

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It looked like the hardest part was getting past the first 100$, and from there it looked like he soared to 10,000$ pretty fast.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha yeah, it definitely seems to be a popular thing to try :p I've unintentionally been pursuing it since last November. Won $5 in a freeroll and now am a 25NL reg sitting with $1058....Definitely going to take me longer then it took him though hah.:cool:

T

thizzboyzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting Post

This is an interesting post. I actually met Chris at the World Series two years ago. I had the opportunity to talk to him while waiting to be seated at one event. He said that he reloaded on one dollar about ten times and then finally made a surge up. But he did say that he often folded hands that he would have hardly ever folded normally, in order to assure not losing almost at all even the minimal that he bought in too. He said it was an experince, but very long boring grinds at times

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looked like the hardest part was getting past the first 100$, and from there it looked like he soared to 10,000$ pretty fast.

That seems about right. Grinding 0-100 for me took forever, but I was up to $600 in only about two months

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DAMN YOU FERGUSON!!!!!

J

Justin749

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an article about it on full tilt.com. I have tried it and made it to 2500, i needed to money to payy bills though.

T

Tha Grinder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be done

I started with $5 on pokerstars and have made over $10 000 three words of advice... TIGHT IS RIGHT !!!

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with $5 on Pokerstars and have made over $10 000 three words of advice... TIGHT IS RIGHT !!!

That's quite a first post.... Please elaborate

What games do you play, stakes, how long did it take, what name do you play under, how many hours a day do you grind or did you hit it with one big score, etc.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's quite a first post.... Please elaborate

What games do you play, stakes, how long did it take, what name do you play under, how many hours a day do you grind or did you hit it with one big score, etc.

+1 I was going to complain about a 4 year old thread getting bumped but I want to know Tha Grinder's story. :)

D

discominkie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a good challange to take on, just make sure you don't get caught by your gf with a balance over $1k. She asked me what I needed it in my account for when we needed a new fridge...

back to the micros for me.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a good challange to take on, just make sure you don't get caught by your gf with a balance over $1k. She asked me what I needed it in my account for when we needed a new fridge...

back to the micros for me.

She's your gf not your wife. If she doesn't understand why you need your br in your account...dump her. It's proper gfm (girl friend management).

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was the Chris Furguson Challenge that made me re-think my entire strategy.

I started with Zip, I went Bankrupt, got my two dollars (top 27 Australian Freeroll), I got my roll upto $96, had a slide, down to $76.

I have been trying the same strategy at two other sites, PS & Titan, its been a bit slower of a process, but still heading forward.

Needless to say, if I follow BRM properly all should be good.

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still in the process..., getting over $500 is a B*tch...

aC

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management