check it down..players amaze me sometimes. SMH

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call somebody's all-in along with 1 other player. In a tournament it benefits each player when another player is eliminated. Sometimes I wonder if people realize this. you flop top pair on the rainbow flop and since there's already a decent amount of chips in the pot you check. The other player bets something small so you call. A duce comes on the turn and once again you check and now he says all-in. You fold and see he has just picked up a flush draw and has nothing else. The all-in who had pocket 88's wins the hand when the player betting missed the flush on the river. It's so frustrating to me when this happens. you would have won the hand and eliminated a player. Why do players do this??? Do you usually check it down?? unless you see value with a great hand or see a draw you don't want someone to hit for free I usually check it down.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You call somebody's all-in along with 1 other player. In a tournament it benefits each player when another player is eliminated. Sometimes I wonder if people realize this. you flop top pair on the rainbow flop and since there's already a decent amount of chips in the pot you check. The other player bets something small so you call. A duce comes on the turn and once again you check and now he says all-in. You fold and see he has just picked up a flush draw and has nothing else. The all-in who had pocket 88's wins the hand when the player betting missed the flush on the river. It's so frustrating to me when this happens. you would have won the hand and eliminated a player. Why do players do this??? Do you usually check it down?? unless you see value with a great hand or see a draw you don't want someone to hit for free I usually check it down.

I totally get you. I've seen this so many times where someone is on their last legs and another twit continues betting rather than just calling down and knocking the person out. (It reminds me of people playing "incorrectly" in blackjack.)

I think I may have benefitted from that in the CC Freeroll on Saturday (Stars). Managed to take second place as the short stack, just by watching people fall on their own swords at the final table. Could not have done it without that bit of action.

Hmmm...so maybe I've talked myself 'round... Knock yourselves out!

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

J

JZacharyLucas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do players do this??? Do you usually check it down?? unless you see value with a great hand or see a draw you don't want someone to hit for free I usually check it down.
Yes, check it down unless you have the nuts