Cheating!!!

Hickbilly9

Hickbilly9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about the rest of you players but I'm tired of getting cheated!! I'm talking about cheating in sng's online!! It makes me sick when players cheat!! We all know how its done but it sad when players have come to that!! Just get a couple buddies and join a sng, then team up on the other players!! Its really sad when its for a dollar or two.Even more sad when its a micro for a few cents!! LOL!!! They make it so obivious to. Top it all off, some will tell right at the table when thier doing it.ITS easy to tell to, just watch!! Anyone need a partner!! LOL!! NOT!! This has got to stop but it won't and we all know it!! It is really sad though.Well just blowing off steam!!! Drop me a LINE!! LOL!! Maybe some day all the sites will figure out a way to stop it but until then WE can just hope!! Sincerally, THE HICK!!!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont see a lot of colluding going on in the micro-limit SNGs. Do you have any hand histories that might back-up your claims? Im not saying you're a liar because I've heard of it, but if you do have the HHs, you can send them to support and have them deal with it.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you believe there's cheating going on at the tables, just tell support, let them sort it out?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Agree with two posters above me
2. Most micro "cheaters" aren't very good at it and probably end up wasting money. I don't know much about other tourney structures, but I used to do the $3.40 turbos a ton. So say they had 9 people against you, that's $3.40*9 = $30.60 paid in fees and only $30 given out ($15, $9, and $6).

Say it's 7 on 3, they still have to take all 3 places to be profitable. The better place to do it would be cash tables, where they could pick the best hand, use players with position to build the pot, etc. but most of these actions would be noticed and even caught by the poker sites. What's your evidence that you're being cheated? How are the colluders playing?

J

jvtelemark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course cheating happens

But to say that cheating is a big problem on micro sng is not correct.

But first of all its very hard to organize, and the reward on these small tables just dont make it worth the effort of cheating.

I have only played around 400 sng at poker stars, and there have only been once I have felt that I have been a victim of squeeze play, I saw the same two people do that 3 times in only just a few minutes, I have written their name up and have been trying to look for them but havnet been able to find any more evidences.

On the higher levels I think the companies have some kind of trackers around this problem, so I dont believe it to be such a big problem

38special

38special

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two buddies colluding in low limit sngs will NEVER show a profit. lol, if they were any good they could beat the game strait up, or if they had to cheat they would atleast be at the big sngs instead of just trying to keep their account balances above 0.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think that at the micro level, its just not worth your time to cheat. And if you really felt the need to cheat people out of pennies (and you certainly could steal mine since thats where I play), you would be better off building bots and freeing up your own time. At least the bots could take pennies from lots of sites at once... LOL

Hookt4eva

Hookt4eva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bs

I don't know about the rest of you players but I'm tired of getting cheated!! I'm talking about cheating in sng's online!! It makes me sick when players cheat!! We all know how its done but it sad when players have come to that!! Just get a couple buddies and join a sng, then team up on the other players!! Its really sad when its for a dollar or two.Even more sad when its a micro for a few cents!! LOL!!! They make it so obivious to. Top it all off, some will tell right at the table when thier doing it.ITS easy to tell to, just watch!! Anyone need a partner!! LOL!! NOT!! This has got to stop but it won't and we all know it!! It is really sad though.Well just blowing off steam!!! Drop me a LINE!! LOL!! Maybe some day all the sites will figure out a way to stop it but until then WE can just hope!! Sincerally, THE HICK!!!

:deal: yeah thats *Bleep* players who cheat will never never enjoy what they won cheating, is just RiDikilousssssssss what they do to win

Smite them :deal:

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People using multiple accounts are more of a danger than colluders IMHO. One person can play under several names and run a table, dumping chips or using squeeze plays... and stick to micro limits to avoid the radar.

Yes they are out there, at all limits, all sites...

I've always been paranoid anyway, this just helps reinforce a healthy fear of scammers. Keep your eyes open and report anything suspicious, is all you can do.

TWiTCHaH

TWiTCHaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to play poker with a friend here at my house.. 2 different computers, we use to play at the same table.. No cheating, just playing at the same table. I guess someone complained that we were cheating since the city name was the same and we were in the same table as each other alot.

bodog blocked us from being at the same table, I guess our IP addresses were very similar and that's what did it.

If they're doing it from an instant messenger or over the phone and they're in different locations (heck, maybe even different countries), it's going to be very hard to prove.

K

kidpoker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that at lowe level sng's,. there is not much cheating. Or if they are, it probably isnt done well enought to really matter. If you do ever suspect something though, i would email support for sure.

Having two people play in the same sng at lower limits just isnt profitable in the long run if you ask me. Unless you are getting to the last stages of those step tournies that some places used to have. If you could bank up enough credits to play a bunch of those in the late rounds, i could see collusion in sng's to be very profitable.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been at the same house, on the same router with a friend. We could NOT play in the same cash table, but did get to play in the same SNGs. We didn't cheat, and I even knocked him out once :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to play poker with a friend here at my house.. 2 different computers, we use to play at the same table.. No cheating, just playing at the same table. I guess someone complained that we were cheating since the city name was the same and we were in the same table as each other alot.

Bodog blocked us from being at the same table, I guess our IP addresses were very similar and that's what did it.

If they're doing it from an instant messenger or over the phone and they're in different locations (heck, maybe even different countries), it's going to be very hard to prove.

Me and my brother bouth play alot of poker and bouth have acounts on the same sites. We cant play on the same cash table or SNG because of the IP address but we can MTT together-He actualy KO me in the only one whe have ever been on the same table together

mnpoker44

mnpoker44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've experienced it a couple of times, just report it as soon as you see it.