Cheaper Poker Sites?

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any poker sites out there with significantly smaller tournament entry fees (proportionately .. say <5%) and cash game rakes (<3%?)

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
World Poker Exchange achieves your goal by charging standard rakes but then giving 75% to 80% rakeback (depending how you sign up). That makes them the cheapest out there. But low traffic.

Careful on the other end. I always thought 5% was standard online, but FullTilt charges 10% on one of their lowest stakes.
Gary

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fulltilt also has these $1 + .25 games - wow, as if anyone can ever make a nickel on those games in the long run

interesting site btw, i guess straying away from the pokerstars giant would cost you in other ways such as player traffic.

nuts422

nuts422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing at full tilt. The key to making money in the 1+.25 games is that you find a lot of newbies playing in them. I am up significantly having mostly played 1 and 2 $ tourneys + 5/10 cent cash games.

The rake on Full Tilt is ridiculous.

I have been thinking for a long time that I'd like to find a site that charges 1%, not 10% (or 25%).

So my question here is; what are the sites that have both inexperienced players AND low rakes?

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no question that a poker site could charge 1% cash game rake and 1% tournament entry fee and still make obscene profits. if i didn't have plans in the near future for a professional school i'd get some vc money and push that business plan forward. i mostly wonder how larger companies like pokerstars and fulltilt would react if it took off the ground.

nuts422

nuts422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no question that a poker site could charge 1% cash game rake and 1% tournament entry fee and still make obscene profits. if i didn't have plans in the near future for a professional school i'd get some vc money and push that business plan forward. i mostly wonder how larger companies like pokerstars and fulltilt would react if it took off the ground.

I think the idea you want to think about is a kinda napster of poker. Suppose we had some way of settling the bets that went outside of the poker software itself. So for example, suppose we had some freely available software to run, say a tournament. The software can be easily written and should be open source (although I admit it is hard to make a rng that is uncrackable). Now lets suppose we have an account system that allows any one person to organize a tourney. This can be anything, like a paypal account, or otherwise. The person in charge can organize the tourney for free, or for whatever he wants to charge. This person, is then responsible for distributing the winnings. Alternatively, one can set up a "bank" to deal with entry fees and price money. Someone could operate the bank for profit, or otherwise.

So yes, I agree, it ought to be possible to play poker online for next to nothing.

nuts422

nuts422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me ad to this some reflections on the Full Tilt rake structure. I have been playing there for a good 2-3 months (yes, I am a newbie). In so far, I am releasing bonus as I play which up until this point accounts for about half of my winnings. The bonus is paid in increments of $10 or $20 for every
165 full tilt points (full tilt poker's) or so (in my case they have changed from $10 to $20 and I have no idea why).

The FTP's are assigned as $0.06 per FTP which equals $0.06 per dollar raked in cash games. So if there are on average four players per hand, each contributes 25 cents to each raked dollar and receives 6 cents back in bonus.

Full Tilt's bonus system therefore only gives you a reduction in rake from 10% to 7.6% (under the assumptions of 4 players per $1 rake).

Thus, what Full Tilt claims to be "the most generous bonus system anywhere" is really only a smallish discount off their enormous rake.

In fact, anyone who plays at full tilt will contribute a much larger amount to the Full Tilt profits than they will release in bonus while the bonus is active.

It is highway robbery.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sites

The micro sites have cheap rake games,intertops comes to mind,and various skins of micro sites.