demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Do you chat on poker with your opponents ?do you distract them? Is chatting a strategy of on line poker???for what raisons do you chat on poker? ?

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh, i try to chat
sometimes it is interesting, but works not so often to distract people.
also when i am tilting - i write bad words :) can not keep myself polite LOL

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
oh, i try to chat
sometimes it is interesting, but works not so often to distract people.
also when i am tilting - i write bad words :) can not keep myself polite LOL
Lol yeap when you are in tilt chat and bad words... i chat bad words ittoo when i have bad beat iam not proud of that but chatting is really distracting me and to be focus is important when you play ...

Last edited:
D

Doh123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no point to try tilt opponents, because they can anytime turn off chat or block person. But I write in chat when curious hand occurs on board or when my hand is crazy related to opponent or vice versa. You know, those moments when you are amazed how could this happend, because it's very low probability for it.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I chat because it's fun to talk with other players and get to know them. Not everyone takes this game super seriously and a lot of players play for fun, especially at the micros.

L

lauraPOKER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chat sometimes

Specially with country fellows... we ask each other where we are from, the town we live in, etc.. as a way to release the tension.. specially near the "bubble zone"

lois505

lois505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will say hi good luck when game just star before!most time i dont like chat on fulltilpoker or pokerstar , or other poker room, because chat will distruble playing !and most time other chat with me because i won their money and they hit me! haha that is truth!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My input.

I like chatting when i play. I usally lose but told the women in chat rooms to come get there money there and get there web site money there. pokerstars would make a killing on me at least the pimps. It was pretty fun.

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like chatting while playing, just for fun. But most of players I've met are quiet and done reply..

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this depend on table dynamic also lol,if everybody on the table is OK,then i dont see anything wrong to chat.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online - I don't tend to chat at all just your standard GL GG, why give your opponents anything to go on when you don't have to?

For example; If you get bad beat on you and you start shouting and swearing they know your probably going to be playing badly for a while.

or

If you say 'Arghh I folded 77' your just giving information away.

Live - I think a lot of chat in live poker can really benifit you tkaing a page from Daniel Negreanu's book using chat to help put your opponents on hand etc.

GAbbAR

GAbbAR

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think some time this strategy worked...but some time

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to chat, improves mood, and you can extract any or tells the players who come to you in a conversation

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes a "friend" might not play so aggressively towards you, so if you are friendly and congratulate them on good hands, then it might work out for you.

L

LizardDan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chat a lot. Sometimes I lie about what hand I had that they folded to(if I ever talk about my hand in game it's never about what I actually had) or I try to keep them in tilt. It's part of my game, kind of a pointless part, as I doubt it matters much in the micros.

Those kids will call anything until their mice stop clicking.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Corresponded to those with whom I meet often, no matter from which country the player. Swear also came sometimes with fish.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fewer words the more benefits

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I like saying nh when someone calls my shove with AA while holding shyte like 25os and they lose.

:top:

Rastaiza92

Rastaiza92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to chat when I play poker, sometimes I do allies

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to chat with people I know, or people I see that live close to me, or say NH. I do not try to tilt people, but I have seen people that do that. I don't want to be the one that the whole table is trying to take out, because someone usually succeeds. I prefer to play friendly. My moto is "Everything and Everyone should be better off because of you (me)". (except their chip stack, lol) There are too many bad things in the world, I like be nice to everyone and make the world a little better!

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Do you chat on poker with your opponents ?" Yes.

"do you distract them?" No.

"Is chatting a strategy of on line poker???" Maybe.
It's a quick way to tell who the regs are, who are the newbies, who's possibly tilting and who's fishy. Sometimes what they post in chat can give you an insight into how they're thinking, or even if they're thinking at all.

"for what raisons do you chat on poker? ?" Mainly to be sociable. Poker isn't just a game of strategy, it's also a game of public relations. You should want to keep your players feeling good, especially about losing to you. You can do that live and on-line, the latter via chat.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I never chat.

Doing anything other than trying to play my A game, will distract me from my A game.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll chat some but never get in the cussing matches

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like chatting with the players

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chat to make new friends and discuss hands, not to distract the oponents.