CC's first Olympic competition. What do you think: Yes or no?

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An idea that can become the first effective step, internationally, for poker to be recognized as a sport! :)

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An idea that can become the first effective step, internationally, for poker to be recognized as a sport! :)

I can not understand it. 78 people saw the post, some thought the idea was great and scored 4 stars. But nobody posted a word. Is it laziness or something to stop them? I just wanted to understand!:boring::boring:

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

Btw don't cardchat already have some "World Cup" type of events in the past ... These should be quite close to your imagination lol :hmmmm2:

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I think anything is possible. Moreover, I am even convinced that in the near future poker will be officially recognized as a sport worldwide. At least in democratic, normal countries.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat could organize. It's very simple. Two phases only. 1- ranking of the representatives of each country, maximum 5. 2- Final tournament, in which the winners of the Cardshat poker olympics would leave. The first Poker Olympics ... a milestone!

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is great idea,i hope it will happen in near future immediately

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker, even without being recognized as a sport, has a huge impact. The world series of poker is already a kind of competition among the best.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker will definitely not become an Olympic sport, but it’s just that they can make it a sport, but not in all countries! I would really like poker to be recognized as a sport!

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's a good idea. Maybe this will happen in the near future.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking into account the attitude towards poker in some countries, it is impossible to say with certainty that poker will be equated with a sport and included in the Olympic Games.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough to do, what are you playing for money or a medal, the best of each country are use to playing for millions, it would be like playing a freeroll for them, don't see them playing with the same vigor

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We have had many threads started on this topic, happens as each Olympics approaches. The problem is, the Olympics is a sporting event & poker is an activity, similar to say, compiling a grocery list for the family, taking the kids to the park, scratching ones junk or having friends over to drink beer & watch the local college team play. While it is true that the elite amateur can, with practice, effort & dedication combine the last 2 mentioned activities, none of them, as with poker approach even the silliest of Olympic sports; Whatever you call running & dancing around while carrying a streamer or bouncing a beach ball, synchronized swimming or golf.
Bottom line, becoming an Olympic sport requires more than your personal interest.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my country, poker is officially recognized as a sport. I live in Ukraine and this decision was made at the level of the Ministry of Sports and the Poker Federation of Ukraine. I am glad that my country adequately appreciates this wonderful game. Personally, I believe that poker is a sport and in my opinion, in the next 20-30 years, poker will be recognized as a sport worldwide.
Good luck.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Call it a sport of don't: What difference does it make? Personally, I find the idea that I might be performing an athletic task while punching buttons on my phone and eating pizza absolutely laughable, but I still can fully enjoy myself just doing that. And as long as that is the case, I don't care how others might classify my hobby.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes about the first Olympic competition can be very useful for everyone who has a fixed income in poker, and who already lives from it can be very competitive.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC