CC Holiday Charity Challenge Prop

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting close to the holidays and CC'ers are always generous to their favorite charities.

I'll donate 10% of my profits from now till December 15 or $150 (whichever is higher), to the [Food Bank of the Southern Tier.

I challenge all CC'ers to join in. Any amount, over any amount of time between now and Jan 1.

I'll get a Mod to update this OP with the pledges as time passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will donate 5% of my poker winnings up to $300 between now and Dec 15 to GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, &Straight Education Network) which works to ensure that every student regardless of sexual orientation is valued and respected at school - as in no bullying. Minimum donation will be $100.

http://www.glsen.org/

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really love this idea. Thank you, Jilly.

@GP & @Debi - Two of my favorite charities. Bless you both.

Most of the poker that I've been playing lately has just been for fun, so I will make a direct contribution this holiday to

Human Rights Campaign
Working for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equal Rights
www.hrc.org

and to

Make A Wish Foundation
Make-A-Wish® grants the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States and its territories, on average, every 38 minutes. We believe that a wish experience can be a game-changer. This one belief guides us. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve.
www.wish.org

Blessings to all who are paying it forward.

Bear

No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind
action leads to another. Good example is followed.
A single act of kindness throws out roots in all
directions, and the roots spring up and make new
trees. The greatest work that kindness does to
others is that it makes them kind themselves.
(Amelia Earhart)

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am going to join in this
think i am going to stay up late outside in front of the department store before black friday with all nights playing online poker with laptop.

the profit of that night with min 20 bux GTD and no cap is donated to Wiki, just thank Wiki to spread and share knowledge to all human. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We need to each make sure we research our charities to make sure we know where our money is going. Even huge charities like the Susan G Koman Breast Cancer can be terrible. (Only 30% of their donations go to cancer research and their SEO makes almost $700k a year).

Last edited:
youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need to each make sure we research our charities to make sure we know where our money is going. Even huge charities like the Susan G Koman Breast Cancer can be terrible. (Only 30% of their donations go to cancer research and their SEO makes almost $700k a year).

That is sickening.

This website looks useful. I think it helps compare.

http://www.aliveandgiving.com/

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That site is very slow and none of the charities I tried to find came up in the search.

That's strange, all of mine came up. It is a bit slow though, yeah.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From Consumer Reports

'The easiest way to research national charities is with the three major charity watchdogs: Charity Navigator, CharityWatch, and the BBB Wise Giving Alliance. They rate charities based on how they spend their money, protect donor privacy, govern themselves, and more. Some have tools to sort and search for organizations and reviews. They use somewhat different criteria and don't always agree, so check out a charity with all three groups. (Only CharityWatch requires a donation for full access, although it provides useful information without one.)'

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am going to join in this
think i am going to stay up late outside in front of the department store before black friday with all nights playing online poker with laptop.

the profit of that night with min 20 bux GTD and no cap is donated to Wiki, just thank Wiki to spread and share knowledge to all human. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

my game session is over
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...lenge-play-15-hours-poker-255256/#post2505331

finished donate when last hour of game start. < thought myself give up the miracle of winning more than 20 bux today. :(

Donate
Receive

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great idea ! I will ask CC how can I do the same. Im new here and I dont know how to do this. Can anybody tell me or I must ask CC?
Getting close to the holidays and CC'ers are always generous to their favorite charities.

I'll donate 10% of my profits from now till December 15 or $150 (whichever is higher), to the Food Bank of the Southern Tier .

I challenge all CC'ers to join in. Any amount, over any amount of time between now and Jan 1.

I'll get a Mod to update this OP with the pledges as time passes.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great idea ! I will ask CC how can I do the same. Im new here and I dont know how to do this. Can anybody tell me or I must ask CC?
"CC" is "CardsChat"...as in the forum you're a member of and just posted this in! ;)
How can you "do the same"? Easy...
  1. win some $$ playing poker
    (note: I you don't win, it's ok to just use other money if you wish to :)
    ..Note: not a requirement, totally up to you )
  2. take some portion of the $$$ you win, and give it to some worthy cause you support
  3. Feel good about doing good :D
  4. Post here and tell us what you did for the extra "feel good" of sharing and encouraging others

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally gotten into a profit for the challenge period. Only a few more sessions though before the 15th so it's doubtful I'll hit a large enough profit to be able to donate more than my minimum.

Hope everyone else's challenge is running well.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't cash in any of my tournaments so will be donating $100.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course that I know that CC is Chardschat !! I thought that I have ask an admin. :willy::willy::willy:
"CC" is "CardsChat"...as in the forum you're a member of and just posted this in! ;)
How can you "do the same"? Easy...
  1. win some $$ playing poker
    (note: I you don't win, it's ok to just use other money if you wish to :)
    ..Note: not a requirement, totally up to you )
  2. take some portion of the $$$ you win, and give it to some worthy cause you support
  3. Feel good about doing good :D
  4. Post here and tell us what you did for the extra "feel good" of sharing and encouraging others

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost hit my target with the last few sessions!! Here is my donation

view.image

Dear Mark,
Thank you for your generous gift of $150.00 to help families struggling with hunger. Your support makes a difference in the lives of our neighbors right here in the Southern Tier, giving them hope during difficult times.
Below is a summary of your gift.You can also access a receipt online by clicking on this link: {link removed}

Amount: $150.00
Date: 12/18/2014
Designation: Wherever needed most

On behalf of the more than 16,000 people we serve each week, thank you again for your generous contribution.

Sincerely,
natashasig.jpg

Natasha Thompson
President & CEO
Food Bank of the Southern Tier
388 Upper Oakwood Avenue, Elmira, NY 14903
Phone: (607) 796-6061 | Fax: (607) 796-6028 |
Email:

Attachments

• A1.JPG
    A1.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 26
nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I walked into our local pet store where they always have some donation event going every month. I said, "Tell me what you need most" and then bought several items based on their suggestions.

Hopefully tomorrow the shelter cats that are sponsored this month will be just a tiny bit more comfortable.

Instant feel good for me as well!