CardsChat 2010 WSOP Entry Fee MTT, Very Unofficial

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I searched and failed to see if this has been proposed before but I’m sure this would rally huge support. You always hear how some player at the wsop was supported by, or entry fees paid by his local poker club or home game friends. My idea was to have a series of tournaments designed to allow one our best CC players to rise to the top while slowly gathering the funds that would be necessary. We would then sent this player to the WSOP financed by moneys collected over the series of tournaments. It would totally be a trip to see Snow or Debi, next year sitting at one of the final 2 tables wearing a CardsChat baseball cap. How much money would be needed and how you guys would amass it, is up you, I’m just an idea man.

:star:

T

ThomasShea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a great idea

Yeah i hear a lot of those stories, watching the main event, how people paid a friend to play or just sponsored by a group. I think cardschat is a great site with tons of friendly players and could definately send a player to play maybe 2 tournaments, which would be great. It's going to be hard though, cardschat supports a few different poker sites and not all players play at all sites. So, which site should the player be chosen from? I think full tilt is possibly cardschat's biggest supporting poker site. Maybe from cardschat's buyins+there freerolls, they can do some type of points system? Each tournament they should throw money to a pool and then by the end of the year, there would be enough money for a trip. Every little amount helps, and I believe this is a great idea. Truly liked the post, good luck to you

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep an eye out. We ran a series of qualifiers on party poker last year for the main event, and one of our members F Paulson went and played.

DaBigBoss

DaBigBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah! I would love to be a part of that...someone make

this happen..it sounds like it is doable:D

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think thats a great idea.... Hopefully the cardschat leaders can make something happen....

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well there is talk of this every year - but finding a way to make it work has never happened.

The problem is that if it is a leaderboard type of thing then part way through it the people with no chance of winning would start dropping out. The we would never end up with enough money.

Most of our members don't have the bankroll to support playing in the kinds of tournaments we would need to have to raise that much money. You would need at least 12k raised - and that would probably not cover everything.

If we could get 50 people willing to risk $240 - then we could do it. But we would really have to ask for all of the money up front. I don't see us coming up with 50 members willing to part with that kind of money.

And yea the Party Poker thing was great - but most members could not participate and the turn out was tiny. It is highly unlikely they would ever offer us something like that again.

Don't get me wrong - I would love to do it!

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about a series of Daily CC-WSOP tournaments with a $3.50 buy in.

The tournaments would be set up exclusively for CC members like the freerolls with a pre-submitted list of possible applicants, only all CC members are welcome.

Once a member wins one of the daily tournament, they are in the finals and can no longer play in the preliminaries.

Depending on how the preliminaries go, the goal would be @ 25K which should provide enough funds for myself and another winner to have a comfortable Tournament in Vegas.:bandit:

For example if the tournaments (which would dramatically increase CC membership) averaged 54 entries per game, per day over time, extrapolated from the current $5 Full tilt game to a projected increase in interest over time, it would take 22 weeks to make our goal.

{ 25K Goal/[$54gathered per game*$3per entrant(.50 going to Tilt or Stars)]}/7days in a week=22 Weeks.

The finals would consist of a given number of seats, say 180, which would give ample opportunity for all CC regulars who win an opportunity to the finals while at the same time building the bankroll to support the trip.

In addition to the tournament fees, I’m sure there would be some added monies from CC available and/or Full Tilt or Stars as part of standard business advertising.

If by the end of the scheduled preliminaries, not enough funds were collected for two to make the trip, then we just send one, just make this is clear to all who enter.

But, It’s my opinion that this would become very popular and we would have no problem making the 25K over a 3-4 month period.

On a given date, there would be the Final Tournament with a super size stack and 12-15 min blinds and two lucky schmucks would be headed to Vegas.

The only down side would be the rapid increase in CC Membership applications just for this venture and all that entails.

Recommended Tournament name : CardsChat 2010 WSOP Full Ride

:party:

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^That would not work for a lot of reasons. We can not set up daily restricted lists for any tournaments - it is way too labor intensive for us and for the poker sites - who honestly would not even do that.

It would be a miracle to raise half of that amount to send one person - we would never be able to do it for 2.

Your goal of having 54 entries per day 7 days a week is way too optimistic. We get 50-60 entries in the CC FT tournament because it is in a prime time slot on a Sunday and $200 is added to it. The entries in our other buy-ins is more like 20-30 average.

The money would have to be collected from the winners every day - the sites would not do that for us. So we would have to trust that the money won every time would be transferred to us. In that many tournaments it would never happen.

Your time and effort in thinking that through is appreciated - but it would never work. :(

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or, not.

:driver:

:captain:

:listen:

:pcguru:

:bawling:

:handkiss:

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about setting up like 3-4 different ways of doing it and having a poll, to see what the members would be willing to do. Have different buyin amounts and tournaments per week scenarios and see what the members would be willing to do. I'm actually going to be joining a club that is having a WSoP qualifier. What they do is each saturday night they have a single table 10 player tournament $120 buyin winner gets seat in final 2nd gets $100. once there are 10 people for the final table those 10 play and winner gets $11000 cash to play in the WSoP or whatever. Like most people I would go out and play in a couple super satelites for the main event and probably play in a couple $1000 r $1500 buyin events.

Dagon7

Dagon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make it 49!

Well there is talk of this every year - but finding a way to make it work has never happened.

The problem is that if it is a leaderboard type of thing then part way through it the people with no chance of winning would start dropping out. The we would never end up with enough money.

Most of our members don't have the bankroll to support playing in the kinds of tournaments we would need to have to raise that much money. You would need at least 12k raised - and that would probably not cover everything.

If we could get 50 people willing to risk $240 - then we could do it. But we would really have to ask for all of the money up front. I don't see us coming up with 50 members willing to part with that kind of money.

And yea the Party Poker thing was great - but most members could not participate and the turn out was tiny. It is highly unlikely they would ever offer us something like that again.

Don't get me wrong - I would love to do it!

I'm in!
but only if it's on FT.. OK another logistical problem.... but what if it was a tourney a week where the top 3 were entered into the final like they do with the freerolls on tilt, so say a low buy in to attrackt players like $2.50 -$5 with %25 going to the grand prize and a large payout field instead of heavy on the final 3 as they would be getting entry as compensation.
Just a thought:)

stellerteller

stellerteller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would love to see something like this from Cardschat. I love playing with all the CC'ers. I think if we can set it up where you can buy-in to this event for $240 or something along those lines and offer a tourney at Fulltilt once a week with a $5 or $10 buy-in where the winner gains entry to the $240 tourney would be awesome! Run it once a week, or once a month. That way there is a great game to play and a great reward. Hold the finals in May or something, the $240 buy-in. What do you guys think? Logistically, it may not be plausible for the 2010 WSOP but we may be able to run it for the 2011 event. That way if there is just 40 people in the event or 40 pre-events held, the cost would be covered.

Last edited:
smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just pick me to go. I already have the CC hat and t-shirt so we can save $15 off my entry. :D

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a great idea. Cardschat has some very good players and one would get in and win it. Just imagine. X

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My viewpoint on this is - why does everybody have to take a swing at the Main Event? I realize its the "ultimate reward", but really, economics does come into play. Why not a smaller target like Event 54 ($1500 NLHE) a week or so before the ME. It would be a lot easier to put together a $2500-3500 package than a $12000 package.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what'd be really cool, a lot of us could go and play in the $1,500 event. Sadly I won't be playing until I turn 21, but come 2012, I'm going.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My viewpoint on this is - why does everybody have to take a swing at the Main Event? I realize its the "ultimate reward", but really, economics does come into play. Why not a smaller target like Event 54 ($1500 NLHE) a week or so before the ME. It would be a lot easier to put together a $2500-3500 package than a $12000 package.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I'd go for that.

Dagon7

Dagon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the idea behind the main event would be the tie in and advertising potential. Sponsoring someone for a non-televised event would be pointless, but still I'd play a CC tourney just to go to any of the events and watch.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the idea behind the main event would be the tie in and advertising potential. Sponsoring someone for a non-televised event would be pointless, but still I'd play a CC tourney just to go to any of the events and watch.

Um... if you think CC got one ounce of TV time with FP (one of our own) being in the main event last year, you're wrong. The chance of any significant TV exposure is marginal unless your player makes it through to day 3 or 4. Only the feature table or busto players gets any significant TV time before then. Once it gets to that level, any decent player will be approached by major sites with patch deals. I don't think CC would pony up any money for a patch deal IMO. However, I would rock the blue Ace if I ever had a chance to wear one in a WSOP event, televised or not.

The benefit is in attracting new memebers to the site. Tournaments that have "WSOP Entry" stamped on them in the private section get attention regardless if they are for the main event or not.

T

testreet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be super awesome...Hopefully if the buy in entry was something that I could hopefully afford to pay then I would definetely buy in to something like that...My dream is to be the youngest WSOP champion ever being that I am 18 years old but I don't know if an 18 year old could play at WSOP...anyways sure would be nice..

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it'd be really tough to pull off. We get enough complains when we try to offer $20 tournaments.
Just about every poker site has super satellites to the Main Event, and they'd probably have a greater percentage of fish which would make qualifying easier (but would not guarantee that a CC'er gets there).

Pifan won a trip to a live WSOP ME satellite in Las Vegas last year, and F Paulson actually got to play (although starting late) in the Main Event due to a win on Party Poker.

I

I_B_Freaky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play this if you can put it together......

Dagon7

Dagon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I searched and failed to see if this has been proposed before but I’m sure this would rally huge support. You always hear how some player at the WSOP was supported by, or entry fees paid by his local poker club or home game friends. My idea was to have a series of tournaments designed to allow one our best CC players to rise to the top while slowly gathering the funds that would be necessary. We would then sent this player to the WSOP financed by moneys collected over the series of tournaments. It would totally be a trip to see Snow or Debi, next year sitting at one of the final 2 tables wearing a CardsChat baseball cap. How much money would be needed and how you guys would amass it, is up you, I’m just an idea man.

:star:

Um... if you think CC got one ounce of TV time with FP (one of our own) being in the main event last year, you're wrong. The chance of any significant TV exposure is marginal unless your player makes it through to day 3 or 4. Only the feature table or busto players gets any significant TV time before then. Once it gets to that level, any decent player will be approached by major sites with patch deals. I don't think CC would pony up any money for a patch deal IMO. However, I would rock the blue Ace if I ever had a chance to wear one in a WSOP event, televised or not.

The benefit is in attracting new memebers to the site. Tournaments that have "WSOP Entry" stamped on them in the private section get attention regardless if they are for the main event or not.

For clarification, I meant the idea behind the original post, not that any cc sponsored wsop event wouldn't be a good idea. As I stated Id play just for a chance to be there with no buy-in provided.:)

WSOP