Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Cards or luck?

If you think it is one of those two alternatives, I will have to send you up! At Poker you believe it is a skill or you continue to play the combination and see the Flop.

Just don't make up an excuse to justify your defeats ...

Learn to think, look for logic and direction for your movement ... and if you lose, know why you lost, period.:wavey:

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Indeed!!!!
but when you face a fish who calls all in with 34 or 38 or someting alike and
wins the hand with three of a kind is absolutely crazy and unfair.....lolololol
Rgds

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe mostly skill although you have to allow yourself to get lucky.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
knowledge is power
luck for losers[emoji1787][emoji854]

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in luck I believe in probability. Over the long run 72o will beat AA 12% of the time. Now if you can show me someone that wins with 72o more than 12% of the time then I will believe in luck.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both

I believe it takes both to win in poker.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that every player should analyze their mistakes and learn from them. I am convinced that success depends only on our patience, discipline, skill and experience. Luck is also important, but luck does not solve anything without our patience, discipline, skill and experience.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Cards or luck?

If you think it is one of those two alternatives, I will have to send you up! At Poker you believe it is a skill or you continue to play the combination and see the Flop.

Just don't make up an excuse to justify your defeats ...

Learn to think, look for logic and direction for your movement ... and if you lose, know why you lost, period.:wavey:

In my opinion, poker is a game in which the most important are the skills and experience of the player. If a player is counting on luck, then it is not a poker but a lottery.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing is sometimes also successful, | no need to waste. And the game has all the luck and skill, cards.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a big skill component involved. At times, luck can be one of the factors, but at the end of the day, if you play long term, skill will prevail luck.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker requires skill and luck, it is impossible to win if there is no one of these

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Bankroll management, skill and luck, now you can win ...

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is some kind of understatement in your words, everything is chaotic and fragmentary.
But if you meant that you should always learn and not stop there, then I agree with you. Good luck and victories at the poker heights.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play badly and have luck rather than the other way around. but of course the ideal to win in poker is to be competitive and to have luck.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in luck I believe in probability. Over the long run 72o will beat AA 12% of the time. Now if you can show me someone that wins with 72o more than 12% of the time then I will believe in luck.

Those statistics are if the hand goes to showdown every time.

If I am playing 72o then I know that I probably need to bluff my opponent into folding and abandoning his equity.

So I am a big fan of - aggression.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that every player should analyze their mistakes and learn from them. I am convinced that success depends only on our patience, discipline, skill and experience. Luck is also important, but luck does not solve anything without our patience, discipline, skill and experience.
Hello! Experience in a long game will prevail over luck, but it so happens that the enemy is insanely lucky at this time with him it's better not to play for yourself, this is not only my observation.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Both.

“If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time.”
This quote is from Phil Hellmuth, one of the most well-known professional poker players around. He’s a goldmine for quotes, but this has to be one of his best. He is alluding to the fact that, even if you are a top player, luck will always play its part in poker.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it takes both to win in poker.

Totally agree with you, but I would say 75% skill, 25% luck. You have to win coin flips to be a winner, and coin flips are pure luck, even if you are big favourite you can still lose.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose between cards and luck,I will choose cards, as we make a decision with which to play and without luck, too, nowhere...

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that skill and knowledge are more important, but luck also affects the game. I would have got the first, and luck comes and goes.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lest you say, but luck is still present in the game. If you play completely without risk, then you will not be able to beat your opponent. He will push you all the time with raises and you will be left out of chips.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that poker skills come first, but don't forget that this is a game with incomplete information! Therefore, the share of luck here is not in the last place.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, the main thing is skill and a little luck.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with you, but I would say 75% skill, 25% luck. You have to win coin flips to be a winner, and coin flips are pure luck, even if you are big favourite you can still lose.

This may apply to tennis. But in poker, the ratio of luck and skill is the opposite cca 15% skill 85% luck. Even this small ratio is enough to be a long-term winning player