Call with Pocket Aces?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are playing properly rolled ofc you do it. If you are playing with your full BR you are on tilt, in which case seeing AA is orgasmic and ofc you still do it...

l Love Beer

l Love Beer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i say that if your not comfortable calling a shove pre-flop w/ AA then you are playing too high of stakes... if you're that scared of getting sucked out on because of the amt. of money then simply go to a level where you feel more comfortable. but what do i know...?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u dont call here u should reconsider your game

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you are playing above your bankroll here... who in hell gets into a game above their bankroll with the intention of folding pocket aces before the flop?!?

S

sachleen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, no second thoughts and no stupid stats, play'em and look up to poker gods for some justice. Worst case you will have an awesome bad beat story that m sure no one is ever heard of. On a serious note, Would u rather call with AKs?

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a serious note, Would u rather call with AKs?

Well, is the 400k like all of the money I have in the world? Or am I some kind of billionaire? :p I'm thinking there is no god damn way I'm calling with AKs unless the guy I'm in against has gone all in every single hand for the last couple of hours :p

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold preflop with AA because you are deep into a tournament, you will have a hard time winning EVER. LOL I find myself being forced to bluff later in tourneys, to keep ahead of the blinds.

M

marble

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the original poster meant to add that the blinds are only .01 and .02 cents, hero started with $3.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so you're in a deep stack cash game and you look at your cards to find pocket aces. Opportunity arises, and you're placed all in, let's say for $400,000. Do you call?

yes

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mishman's first hand of the wsopme and u have AK was a much better question and thread than this one.

I'm not even going to anwere cause it's just plain silly.

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, the decision is clear:
1. Call.
2. Fold and wait for a better starting hand!:D

T

turtle_w0n

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well with ak in the first hand all in. depends how many folks have done it before me. If its one or two folks in a 8 seated table. then yes I would call. this is someone who in the best of hands got a pair. this you can suck out and overcome.

on the aa never would I be the one to call all in. I would bet half of the pot on the table. then see who calls you. a donk would follow you all the way.

better to get a bit from the table and all of the follower then just the follower who has say some pocket pair or suited cards in hand.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Call then shoot yourself it the head when the Aces get cracked.

but on a serious note, why would you not Raise with the best hand preflop

G

gtycoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But this is an interesting question that I've wondered in watching deal or no deal.

I have no idea how that show is so popular. It's just picking a number and opening a case for the whole show. I watched it once and thought, that was the most boring hour of television I have ever witnessed in my life. I would rather watch an hour of paint drying.

P.S. With regards to the all-in with AA for $400,000, I like the answer previously given in which you invest the money before even getting involved in a hand for $400,000 :D