Cabal in Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each player over time acquires certain customs or cabals when he is playing poker. What is your favorite cabal that almost always allows you to get good results in Poker?

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Each player over time acquires certain customs or cabals when he is playing poker. What is your favorite cabal that almost always allows you to get good results in Poker?

sit and keep your head down, waiting for the premium hand.:deal:
unfortunately, I cheat on my beloved and as a result,:( Kara catches up with me.:eek:
you have to be faithful.:eek:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play poker when I am in a good mood. A good mood allows me to be patient and disciplined, which in turn allows me to get good results.

S

StevenRoberson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with play money chips on Pokerstars, and lately they've been experiencing lots of lag, and a few site freezes, probably because of the huge numbers of players on their site since quarantining started.

writemyessay.onl

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I make it to the first break of a free roll tournament and my chip stack is at least in the top 40%, I get up and pep talk myself about how I'm about to take down $9.22, and what a score it will be. Usually end up min cashing for .000002 cents, but its all fun for me.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I encounter a new player, I like to take note of how they play. I colour code them, write some notes. I might mention odd starting hand choices for a given position or action.

When I start a session, I always arrange everything "just so". Game sizing, HUD arrangement. Notes.

If it is a CC group, I remind myself that this bunch tends to be TAG or Nit. So I remind myself to play more widely and continue aggression, watching for trapping,

I also usually connect to my Friday Night Poker Club VoIP chat whenever I play any poker, not just for my Friday game. As long as we are not playing in the same game, we'll share info and offer tips and guidance to each other. I tend to have the most notes, but others are often really quick to highlight if a player is getting into Push/Fold territory.

I also get out a stack of 10 chips to occupy my hands and give me a distraction which does not impair attention, but allows me to be more patient.

I often go to get a high five or "lucky touch" from my family before I start and they wish me luck. I also get my dwarf-forge coin or my valar morghulis (all men must die) coin. These are normally what I use for card protector in live poker.

There are some other variations, depending on whether the dog wants to be on my lap or not...

Most other preparations are normal/sensible precautions like reviewing notes. Deciding what image I want to portray to which table, whether I feel particularly aggressive or passive on a given day. Probe my mood to determine what my weakness will be today...

That sort of stuff...

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hmm... i didn't think about it... Usually there is a priority to some numbers. But rarely do pleasant coincidences occur. Sometimes you have to act exactly the Opposite.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing for me is a calm atmosphere when my children do not distract me. But this happens very rarely.