BUT... I'M ENTITLED TO WIN!!

D

Dayne G.

Total posts
Ok, just finished the sickest live $40/80 game I've ever played in L.A. I, literally, quit 15 minutes ago, so my emotions are raw... which is probably better for this thread.

When I walked up to the table w/ my 2 racks in hand, I looked around, and saw the weakest table I've ever seen at this limit. When I sit, I want to be the top-4 player at the table, or I won't play, especially at the 40. This morning, I was easily 2nd best.

My 1st mistake: "Wow, this is going to be such a juicy day! I see cashing out 5 racks!" :cool:

The first hand I got involved in was 4-way capped to river, snapping me w/ 1-outer. No biggie, whatever. "This table's so weak, I'll get that rack back right away!" (2ND MISTAKE) :cool: :cool:

Next hand: Snap! Next: Snap! Snap! Snap! Snap! SSSSSSSS-NNNNNNN-AAAAAAAA-PPPPPPPPPPP!

I fell into the biggest trap poker sets for us: THINKING WE'RE ENTITLED TO WIN JUST BECAUSE... WELL... BECAUSE... WE'RE OBVIOUSLY BETTER AT POKER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!

We're not entitled to anything except cards, chips, and the blinds. I forgot to respect my opponents, I forgot to respect myself, and I definitely forgot to play THIS HAND ONLY! I kept reminding myself to only focus on this hand, but those words didn't matter this morning because...

I THOUGHT I WAS ENTITLED TO WIN!

Good luck,
Dayne

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
never read the post.:eek:..but all online sites owe me and I'm entltled to win too;)

If you want proof I can surely show you:)

D

Dayne G.

Total posts
how much did you lose?

More importantly than the chips I lost... I lost the humble respect for the game I had when I woke up.

The good news: It's only temporary if I want it to be.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Total posts
"if there was no luck.. i'd win em all"

even the worst poker players can beat the best...

atleast you are one of the few that realize this.. next time :)