Building bankroll vs. Maintaining bankroll which is harder?

Which is harder to do?

• Total voters
Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Respecting the rules of the bankroll is one of the most important strategies that must be implemented seriously. For example, if you want to deposit an amount into a poker account that does not exceed 10% of your salary or monthly income, This is the way that will make you calm and more focused in the game, this way you can win some money, and if you lose, know that you will not lose all your money quickly, and if you lose your money, you should not deposit any money until the beginning of the month. Also, if you want to play in any type of poker "tournament’s , cash, or sit&go" don't exceed 10% buy-in of what you have on the bankroll, and know that if the buy-in goes up, the level of players will go up too. good luck :)

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many poker players I've spoken with climbed too high too fast and lost their bankroll.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keeping a common bankroll is always more difficult than creating it in one day.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each player has his own situation and vision. Personally to me,
the hardest part is finding time to play poker.
Good luck.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respecting the rules of the bankroll is one of the most important strategies that must be implemented seriously. For example, if you want to deposit an amount into a poker account that does not exceed 10% of your salary or monthly income, This is the way that will make you calm and more focused in the game, this way you can win some money, and if you lose, know that you will not lose all your money quickly, and if you lose your money, you should not deposit any money until the beginning of the month. Also, if you want to play in any type of poker "tournament’s , cash, or sit&go" don't exceed 10% buy-in of what you have on the bankroll, and know that if the buy-in goes up, the level of players will go up too. good luck :)

Love this post and your sign you sir have a strong mentality that is built for poker. You're gonna go a long way

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm newer to poker, so I'm not really sure. I'll say maintaining the bankroll is tougher because many players go broke eventually (variance is a very real danger) and because I've been satisfied with my poker bankroll building ability :D

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Building bankroll vs. Maintaining bankroll which is harder?
Building a bankroll is more difficult because it takes patience, a lot of patience, especially when you are a beginner.

If you were able to build a bankroll, then, as a rule, you play well, then how can you lose everything?
And / or in any case, you need to follow your plan (how many buy-ins do you need and what buy-ins do you play in tournaments, etc.)

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think is maintain your bankroll when you are trying to level up your tournament entries.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i think both is harder.......poker each day change sometimes that going well and after its horrible.....

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Main

I think it is harder to maintain my bankroll than it was to build it.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 888 using freerolls and promotions I regularly build a roll to play $1-5 tournaments. Build my roll up to about $200 and lose it only to start again. I keep getting close but always seem to lose the important all ins to someone with 83o.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 888 using freerolls and promotions I regularly build a roll to play $1-5 tournaments. Build my roll up to about $200 and lose it only to start again. I keep getting close but always seem to lose the important all ins to someone with 83o.

Yeah that sucks just try to be disciplined as possible.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
maintaining of course , eventually you will have to deal with a big lose , it depends on you how big it is :)

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

The hardest thing is to keep your bankroll in the right and stable state, unless, of course, you make regular cashouts.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally harder to keep bankroll rather building it.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Absolutely in my case, it is much more difficult to maintain than to build

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can’t save the bank, it’s a big problem for me, I don’t adhere to banking management, I always draw on large limits and eventually drain my bankroll in 2-3 days, but accumulate a bankroll in about a few weeks, sometimes I spend a month on it, and I can drain it in a day, so now I switched to sing and go tournaments, 1 dollar each // out of 20 bucks I managed to score 50, now you can play the tournament for 1 buck

T

TotalMindegy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, maintaining the bankroll.

if it is about tourney, cg can't handle the weeks long bad-beat series, nowadays even the several days long ones.

a long while mostly play sngs, less disappointment, less losing days, + if i stuck in that, dont take "adventures" in tourney, cg, it is a constant small grow with small swings, almost impossible to lose the bankroll, if i do constantly everything following my own rules.

other side, no option to win relatively big, like in a tourney.

building bankroll from zero or very small amount (20-50 bucks) was always easier for me from tourneys, than keep, constantly build further a 1k+ bankroll.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think you can start from 0 to sky. So. if you start from 600 you'll going to go faster. The thing is to know and have a good training to never go back at your starting point. That's the difficult part.
Some day I heard a mathematician physicist. She said. If you can do your possibilities to win 2 times between 3 opportunities. You will go upwards definitely. No matter how many times you lose. You'll win 2/3 against 1/3. Even if you don't notice.

I'm curious to what everybody's answer is and what poll results are when it comes to building a bankroll vs maintaining. I been practicing poker with fake money apps and I've built millions and now I'm trying to do this in the real life realm of things. If I had to pick it would definitely be building a bankroll from scratch. I think building a roll from scratch is much harder because you are much closer to running out of money compared to having so much room for error with lots of money. Also on free fake money apps everyday at midnight you're rewarded money to keep playing over and over whereas in real life you need to either deposit money from your paycheck, credit card, or past time freerolls and really really put in work of your own money to grow a bankroll.

However you can make an argument that when you build your bankroll to mid to high roller stakes into the 6 figures and beyond, trouble can come your way such as temptations, personal addictions, reckless behavior.

What do y'all think?

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard for me to keep the pot, because when you have a big pot you make ridiculous calls in the hope of hitting a card

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think building the bankroll from scratch is certainly much more difficult, but both possibilities exist, with dedication is possible. I think the basic difference is the time it takes to build each situation lol:)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Getting rid of your bankroll is the hardest thing ...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, building a bankroll is more difficult, especially when you start from scratch, playing only Freeroll, it is easy for you to buy chips to play, in this way you have already formed your Bankroll, now in both, manage your chips and those won through the Freeroll or buying, it's like when you go shopping, and you need to manage your money to return home or have money to support yourself during the week, knowing, it will be easier

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest thing for me is keeping it because I've done it several times but I've never been able to keep it because even when I bank I want to play at higher levels. That must be why I can't keep up.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can start from 0 to sky. So. if you start from 600 you'll going to go faster. The thing is to know and have a good training to never go back at your starting point. That's the difficult part.
Some day I heard a mathematician physicist. She said. If you can do your possibilities to win 2 times between 3 opportunities. You will go upwards definitely. No matter how many times you lose. You'll win 2/3 against 1/3. Even if you don't notice.

Yup that's the trick

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management