building bankroll from $60

N

nick1611

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please can somone help me in building my bankroll from $60, preferably avoiding donkeys

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please can somone help me in building my bankroll from $60, preferably avoiding donkeys

First look at the bankroll management article on this site :)

I am actually doing something similar. I withdrew lots of cash and I`m building up again, all be it I have $500 bankroll.

The key thing to building your bankroll is not to play at too high limits. If u do this you will put undue stress on yourself. If I were you, I would play $1 buy ins - MTT/ SNG. Play micro stakes cash games.

Set yourself targets and don`t make them too high. I would say if you can increase your bankroll by 10% + a month you are doing OK (I don`t know how much time you have to play.)

Play lots of freerolls.

Play very tight early in the MTT & freerolls.

Donkeys :confused: I take it you mean loose/ aggressive players? A player who will play with and raise with less than premium hands???

Don`t try to take them on. Sit and wait - they can`t hit as many flops or catch as many hands as their play suggests!!! Don`t take the way they play as a personal challenge!!! Play your game and accumilate chips the way you do.

GL ;)

N

nick1611

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by donkeys i mean people who will call raises of all in and make raises all in with king high after theyve missed all the cards on the flop and the turn. also people who raise alot in comparrison to the pot. basicly people who just dont know what theyre doing

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by donkeys i mean people who will call raises of all in and make raises all in with king high after theyve missed all the cards on the flop and the turn. also people who raise alot in comparrison to the pot. basicly people who just dont know what theyre doing

Well all of what u r saying here is good news for a tight player. If they piss u off only enter pots with good hands. If, say, u enter a pot with AQ, miss the flop, think hard before you bet again. Or if they bet, throw it away.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Are you crazy? These are the people you want to play against. If you're playing against someone willing to put their chips in calling when they're behind? Would you rather play against people who are better than you and know what they're doing?

phoebepussy

phoebepussy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a bank roll of $60 you are extremely limited to what stakes you can play at.
If you use proper bank roll management you will be playing at tables with people who play "like donkeys" because they are gamblers, poor players or playing for entertainment value at stakes that are meaningless to them

You can develop a game to beat these tables quite easily if you play premium starting hands, use position well, let go of lost causes and get value when you hit your hand hard. The game you develope won't necessarilly serve you well as you move up levels and its for a long hard grind to play this way for a long period of time

Best of luck with working your bank-roll up

Don't always assume that you are faced with an opponent that doesn't know what they are doing at these low levels, there may be a lot of donkeys at the micro levels but some of the guys that play at are really solid players (by this I mean good all round games not just tight aggressive)

N

nick1611

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you crazy? These are the people you want to play against. If you're playing against someone willing to put their chips in calling when they're behind? Would you rather play against people who are better than you and know what they're doing?

i generally do better against better players because they dont always luck out on me so yes

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well step #1 is send me $59 of it. This will teach you how to use only $1 to build a bankroll of $1,000 :D

(Btw, don't play cash games with such a small bankroll. Either play like 50+ $1 MTTs or something or play a ton of $3(?) SnG)

Dotde

Dotde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enter the micro-tables for twenty-five cents and go all-in when you get a decent hand. You'll get plenty of callers for such a low amount of money, and the number of times you win will most likely out-skew the number of times you lose. :eek:

The above is a joke and not to be taken seriously.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enter the micro-tables for twenty-five cents and go all-in when you get a decent hand. You'll get plenty of callers for such a low amount of money, and the number of times you win will most likely out-skew the number of times you lose. :eek:

The above is a joke and not to be taken seriously.

That's how I make all my moneyz!

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to take your advice but the minimum for micro tables is $1. Poop.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management