Bruce Lee: Poker Player

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Many people around the world meet legendary martial arts actor Bruce Lee for his tremendous skill in combat art, his films and charisma off the big screen; was certainly a man who struck the world.

But looking a little deeper, we can realize that in addition to its external qualities, Bruce was a man with a unique mental capacity, creator of a philosophy of its own that can be applied to combat, life and of course Poker.

Here I leave you some of your thoughts and how they relate to our game.

Bruce Lee: Empty your mind, be amorphous, moldable, like water. If you put water in a cup it becomes the cup. If you put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. If you put it in a kettle it becomes the kettle. The water can flow or hit. Be water my friend.

Can you imagine how much money you would earn if you adapted like water? If the table is Tight, then you play loose, if the table is very aggressive you play with your cards, if it is half and half, you adapt and "take the table shape". Just like water, you should stay calm and flow with the game, but remember that water can break rocks, you do the same, rocks, fishes, maniacs or sharks.

Bruce Lee: Learn to keep your fury until you can hit your opponent.

This phrase is very similar to another that we use a lot in the game: If you go do not hesitate, if you doubt not go.
Confidence in playing poker can be the difference between winning a hand or not, for example, when we want to bluff; if they notice your distrust surely they will discover you, or as when you doubt whether you have the best hand or not, but something tells you that you lost; at that time it is better not to go.

Bruce Lee: Man, the living creature, the individual who creates, is always more important than any established style or system ... Do not settle in a form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow

The most dangerous poker player is not the conservative or the aggressive or the super aggressive, the most dangerous player is the one who has no style, or rather is the one who knows and handles all styles, but does not marry any but adapts them according to the situation and the rival.

Many other of his teachings can be applied to the game and life, so today I pay my respects to Bruce Lee: Poker Player

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I adopt Bruce Lee's water quote every cash table I sit at but as for tournaments, his water quote isn't exactly right. Some rigid leaps of faith need to be taken at suboptimal.times to gain a significant lead.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree that the most dangerous one is not tight aggressive but very in between loose and tight. I make sure to play a semi wide range of.hands if I notice the table is passive and therefore allowing me to see flops cheap.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall Bruce Lee's was a great guy with many inspirational quotes. My favorite is true for any dedicated poker grinder:

"pray not for an easy life but the courage to endure a hard one."

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the present day this is not new in the poker world! mutiso coach in brazil lives talking about it! play according to the table change your style of play as your opponent plays! so the success and easiest way to achieve the fact is that you need to study hard and devote a lot to know how to deal with all this at the tables!

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lee combined Western and Eastern philosophical currents, creating his own philosophy aimed at overcoming difficulties and obstacles.

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you

Thank you so much for such good opinions on this topic, but with something if we stay and is the following... Our passion for poker, and respect for this Crack and if vision towards adversity.

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's beautiful the way you relate Bruce's philosophies with poker's.
The source of inspiration for his philosophies was martial art.
His philosophies can also be related with many life experiences.
But,
If we admit that poker is a game of skills and only skills, then his philosophy is complete.
If we count a luck factor in the game,then his philosophy isn't complete.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don`t concentrate on the finger,or you will miss all the heavenly glory! :reddy: