is breaking even as good as winning

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I broke even overall for the week. It is better than losing but how do you see it if you just break even. I guess it was a lot of fun for free....

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just nature of poker man but still better of losing

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't you think that coming back home in a car without salary is better than coming back to burned house on your feet, because you've crashed your car, and someone stole your wallet, so you can't even afford to buy a bus ticket... Which situation would you like more?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not losing money is always preferable to losing money.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
E=MC² needs to be considered here...

I had a bad run, always short stacked, no good hole cards during the game and I break even: nice job!

I had a very good run but break even at the end: not a good job..

It's not the best, but it's a start.. we all have to start somewhere!

-TRP-

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as the others have said to come out even is much better then losing. sounds like a lot of free entertainment to me cant beat that

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using 1 week as a gauge is just not a large enough sample to tell how your doing. Unless your playing 12+ hour days. I would think of it more as how much did I learn this week? Am I putting my money in good? Am I making the correct lay downs? etc... There are swings in poker, so don’t get sucked into being results oriented. Then you will always think you are only playing good when the cards are in your favor. If you’re still playing well, but on a bad run, stay the course and the results will eventually follow.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even top pros have break even or losing weeks. You have to look at the long haul.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live to fight another day.

Breaking even might not be as satisfactory as doubling up. But at least you're still in the fight, stronger than ever. Keep a positive and winning attitude.

M

matiorzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I had a bad run, always short stacked, no good hole cards during the game and I break even: nice job!

-TRP-

I'd completly agree with you.

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

-TRP-

The best thing to be a winner is perseverance

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I broke even overall for the week. It is better than losing buevet how do you see it if you just break even. I guess it was a lot of fun for free....

Question implies short term thinking, which would be a hole in your poker game. May as well base your opinion on the last session, the last hour or even the last hand. Poker success is a journey, not a quick trip to the corner market for a pack of smokes.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're absolutely right. If you feel that you need to take a break, just take it without thinking of how much you could win otherwise. You will win much more when return being rested.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love all the responses and got a kick out of some of them. Don't worry I am ok and not on the ledge thinking flight..... This was just on my mind and I love the responses. See you on the table and think twice before you make that raise...wink wink...

KingCoin

KingCoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always better to break even than lose, never think you need to at least be positive to satisfy yourself. You can always take a break and come back another time.