Bounty fun yesterday I see&need advice on poker

L

luvspoker2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I guess I missed out on some fun with this bounty-congrats to the person taking the bounty! :) seemed like the cardschat team work was up to the challnge for sure!.....
I am in need of some poker advice,I can't seem to learn this. My issue/trouble is this:
I get Kh/Ah flop: 9h-Qc-Jh....bend:10h .... Do I chase after my final card I need or let it go? I have gotten these types of hands a lot lately-I do mean a lot!. I have had chip leader positions and lost it due to chasing these types of hands. I have had these at begining of games. I have had these in middle of game with low stacks,or high stacks.I have had these near position placings,bubbled out a lot,too.
when should I say:'fold don't chase?' I can't seem to learn this part,and it's costing me points-cash-tokies. If I do fold this hand,a bit later I get it again. This type of hand I am drawing alot,and well. I would like to know how to play these type of hands,when I should try for that last card to complete it,and when I should fold before it gets this far.
thanks for any advice/help ..... good luck to all on the felt today!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi luvs. I think you would need to provide more specific information to get a response for this. (chip stacks, position, type of game, buy-in amount, unless freeroll, etc.)

Try posting some actual hand histories. Also post these types of questions in the strategy and hand analysis sections.

Good luck!

L

luvspoker2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for advice,I just posted a hand example in the hand analysis section :)it's a bit long winded,but i tried to explain it was in several aspects of the game......... thanks again good luck on the felt!

Breedsblood

Breedsblood

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand where you are getting at and position is very crucial in chasing your flush or str8. 1st if you have big slick suited and the board comes 9h Qc Jh by all means what do you do raise or check you are on a str8, flush and backdoor royal flush draw some great odds for you to get either or you know. At the same time factor your position if in early position and you have the chip lead you can either check it and see if someone in late postion will raise it he/she might be trying to steal the pot or hit a str8 with K10 off? trust your gut at that point and how that person has been playing throughout the tourney. Or bet minimum to see where you stand most good players that see a small bet might fold because you are trying to trap with a made hand or reraise you if they hit if they do depending on the raise and the feel you have fold or call to the turn if you miss then and have a raise in front of you ask yourself these questions do you want to gamble? is it worth that amount of chips to chase? is this player trying to steal and is also on a draw just like me or did that person hit and i'm drawing dead with a draw that you and your gut on how that player(s) have been playing and also how you been playing are you loose or tight? passive or aggresive? whatever your choice trust your gut most times it tells you the truth gl on the felt.

L

luvspoker2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for your advice,I have a better understanding now and not so confused. The advice is great and thank you for taking the time and sharing it with me and others who may read this.sorry for taking so long to get back on this-t-day madness and finally got a few minutes to read up on this. best of luck to you both!

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am confused. You have the nut flush on the turn. Chase what final card?