Some villains are too stupid to fold.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair it happens, i do also have this type of problem with someone who always comes for me whenever i play against him and it makes me angry cuz he always makes it

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are players who openly annoy me, especially those who play with junk all the time. But if I also start playing with junk then it usually leads to frustration and loss of money.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to me it all depends on the trny were playing,if it,s a CC freeroll and I have notes on the player I might make some adjustments,if it's a game with my cash nothing changes the way I'm going to play,I stay with the tried and true course of action knowing that sooner or later the player will step in it:)

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever been playing with somebody that has got under your skin so bad that you will sometimes try to take them out by playing hands you usually wouldn't? curious on everyone's opinion.
No, after 45 years of poker I've learned to analyze their play and look for opportunities to exploit their bad (reckless) behavior, but I don't necessarily play bad cards to spite them. I do feel a certain degree of satisfaction when they're knocked out of the game, by me or anyone else, though. And they usually are one of the first to go.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you care about how someone else plays instead of how you play, I'm sorry to inform you, you're not going to improve your game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, there are players that I don't like and I try to knock them out with any hands.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Concentration plays an important role in any serious business. Especially when playing poker, because real money is at stake. When a poker player is fully focused, it becomes easier to make decisions, it takes a minimum of time. The speed of information processing when playing at several tables at the same time is an extremely important indicator. It is enough to develop the habit of sitting at the tables in a concentrated state in order to easily resist external stimuli. You become more resistant to tilt. The brain doesn't get hung up on a few hands where you got run over. Thinking remains sound, which allows you to make optimal decisions throughout the session.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever been playing with somebody that has got under your skin so bad that you will sometimes try to take them out by playing hands you usually wouldn't? curious on everyone's opinion.
Yes it happens all the time. The thing is to try and not take it personal. I still have to work on that.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Yes, and if im really aware of the dynamics on my table, knowing players emotional level rate when playing against me,etc. , bigger range of starting hands its not my only weapon when tilt-hunting 😀

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, sometimes I see that the only option to beat someone who knows how to read my game is to do the opposite and make illogical moves to confuse him and thus attract him

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yea!
It happened to me several times. And it still happens....

Poker after all is a mind game. I believe this fact can compromise 50% or more of your game.

Therefore, if we want to be successful in the game, we must have nerves of steel... and act indifferently to the actions of other players.

GL!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a couple of times I ran into people at the table who not only played badly and were very lucky, but also behaved inappropriately in the chat, which put a lot of pressure on me and drove me into tilt. Everyone and everywhere moves, but there are communication limits that you should not cross, at that moment I was very tilton, which directly affected the game.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never let ego, emotion or a vendetta take over your decision-making at the tables. Going after specific players because they do your head in, by how they play, or what they say, is exactly what they want. There are players out there, that will adopt this tactic, specifically to put others on tilt.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first years that I started to play, yes. Nowadays, I have a better poker mentality and I really don't care about what other players says to me.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes it happens.
Sometimes pays well (i knock him out fast), other times i get knocked out.
It is definitely not recommended, but still happens