Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi,
Would just like to throw this question out there... looking for some books on 7-card Stud Poker (intermediate level stuff). I've played alot of Stud many years ago and am considering getting back into playing it but online now (growing a bit weary of the chasers, Loose Calling Stations, outright novices, etc. in the online NLHE games,.. have had a series of major suckouts and can't really afford to play at the level of buy-in on a regular basis that I'd like to,... play a bit in $5 sng's and more recently $26 tourneys on Fulltilt).
Anyways,.. back to the question at hand. If possilbe, could you please list a few books on 7-card stud in order of preference for me? Would be very much appreciated.
Beginner books on Omaha as well please (very little experience at playin' Omaha, understand it's an involved thinking game, especially with 'starting hands', position, etc.).
Intermediate level books on 7-card Stud,...
& Beginner books on Omaha.

Thanks,
Poker_Orifice
(I can be a bit of a bodily orifice at times when playin' poker,.. seems to bring out the best in me.....)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi,
Would just like to throw this question out there... looking for some books on 7-card Stud Poker (intermediate level stuff). I've played alot of Stud many years ago and am considering getting back into playing it but online now (growing a bit weary of the chasers, Loose Calling Stations, outright novices, etc. in the online NLHE games,.. have had a series of major suckouts and can't really afford to play at the level of buy-in on a regular basis that I'd like to,... play a bit in $5 sng's and more recently $26 tourneys on Fulltilt).
Anyways,.. back to the question at hand. If possilbe, could you please list a few books on 7-card stud in order of preference for me? Would be very much appreciated.
Beginner books on Omaha as well please (very little experience at playin' Omaha, understand it's an involved thinking game, especially with 'starting hands', position, etc.).
Intermediate level books on 7-card Stud,...
& Beginner books on Omaha.

Thanks,
Poker_Orifice
(I can be a bit of a bodily orifice at times when playin' poker,.. seems to bring out the best in me.....)

No-one has any info. on a book for 7-card stud?? really???

B

bill_nj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I play hi-lo. If you're interested in that Ray Zee's book on split pot poker covers both Omaha and Stud. Also If I recall correctly one of the Super System books has some space devoted to this.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both versions of Super System have sections on stud.

Version 1 also has a section on high/low stud, but it's about the version that nobody plays any more (without a qualifier for the low hand). Haven't read it, but Version 2 is supposed to have a section covering the version we play now (eight or better).

Like I said, I haven't read version 2, but apparently the stud high section is the same in both. It seemed like a solid strategy with a few nice moves thrown in to me, but I've nevery really put it into practice. Whole section is maybe 50 pages long?