body language in poker

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think you would be able to hold your emotions and body language at a table full of professionals?

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions cannot be contained, they can only be hidden from others. Because after losing a lot of money, especially if you are playing in real mode for the first time. But insulting someone for failure is also not worth it, and I'm sure I'm not like that. If he lost, he got up with a smile, left the club, shouted and went on.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play online, and very rarely play live, but obviously live play is much harder, at least for me and I think my results would be disappointing.

N

Noobs420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with live play being harder. When I play online i believe I can focus more about position, bet size, card strength etc and make good choices.. but something about seeing and feeling a 5x big blind raise in person makes it more scary.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I have a decent poker face but I must admit it's been a minute since I played live.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have better results live but that’s mostly in home games or tournaments where I know most of the people so that might influence the results. Online is difficult to “read” a player unless you’ve been at the same table for a while.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You would have to practice your play and try to play each hand the same way as far as your body language goes.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you can read it will be a good advantage for you:)

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my own experience, with enough live play you learn your tells and how to manage them. Now would I win at a table full of professionals? lol probably not.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw how they play live at high stakes, some have their hands shaking and trembling, adrenaline goes off scale

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like any other ordinary player surrounded by professional players, I would be worried. And I think it would be noticeable. But I think it was noticeable until the moment when I won a victory, even a minor one. This is because my emotions will be switched specifically to the game, and not to the external environment.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am an online poker player and sometimes behind the computer or the cell phone I get nervous and I don't want to imagine playing live when I am bluffing against good players so I will try to hide my emotions and not give them clues (tell) but to the Professionals will be difficult since they know about body language.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably, I would not have been able to hide my emotions from the full table of professionals, since they have a lot of experience in live play, and I only played live poker with my friends a couple of times, and then not for money! I think every beginner will not feel comfortable among these sharks! But I would probably try to compete with them! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think you would be able to hold your emotions and body language at a table full of professionals?

I believe so, if you are solid on game foundations, and you are taking complexing decisions, almost, in mechanical ways.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it would be difficult for me to control my emotions, given that there are professionals around. Although, to be honest, it all depends on the prize pool.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a very calm person on the outside but very nervous on the inside in all aspects of life. So if I play at a table with professionals they would see me very calm.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Body language is one of the most important poker skills, and whoever masters this skill has the key to winning, especially in live poker, because it is considered more powerful than mastering all strategies, but unfortunately this skill will not help you much in online poker.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying to hide some kind of tales, do not forget that the cards and the decisions you make are of paramount importance, and body language is already secondary and matters when you play against each other for a very long time.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can't read or control body language, you have no business being at a table with those who can.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's very difficult kkkkkkk anymore and it's a matter of practice

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

I dont think so
But tell me : How you do it on the internet play?

Rgds

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if concentration, concentration and discipline, it is possible to control body language during a poker game at a table full of professionals.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just for fun its easier to play online, you dont need the live drama glasses or the poker face

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pros and Cons of playing poker in person:

Pro - You can read your opponent's body language and personal appearance.

Con - They can read yours!

There are methods for managing yourself. It's why many people play wearing sunglasses, or something that covers their mouth.