Bluffing or bluff catching which one are you better at?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a world class bluffing player but I'm not too shabby at it I can hold my own when it's time to bluff. But I'm definitely better on the defensive side of bluffing when I'm catching somebody with the nuts. Sometimes even if I don't have the nuts I catch a nice hand that ensures my 3 calling. Rather it's a flush, straight, a set, etc. Especially if I'm in late position my opponent sometimes falls into the trap

Which one are you better at?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
little of both :)can be a little more bluff catching:)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, bluffing is an art and not everyone knows how to do it, I find it easy to catch a bluff in online poker.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
currently? would love to say bluffing but they're all getting called it seems, i have made a few hero calls last few weeks. just paying attention to their bets. analyzing what they could have to be in the way they do. if it doesnt make sense then have to call it off sometimes

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Catching a bluffer

I feel I am better at catching a bluffer. Nice to be sitting at a table with a nut hand and checl letting the bluffer bet for me until the river then go all in. found it helps me knowing who these players are by making notes on them after playing them a lot at money tables.

GL ALL :D

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I rarely bluff. In my opinion, to bluff you need to have a good understanding of your opponents' style of play. Otherwise, the bluff turns into bingo.

P

pockerman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather bluff myself there than open myself with a bad hand, unfortunately, most of my attempts to catch a bluff end badly for me. But I'm studying, and I hope I'll recognize bluff better in the future.

And I used to like bluffing myself, it's a very cool feeling when it turns out. Unfortunately, very rarely, so I decided to bluff only when necessary.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
friend, bluffing is an art and not everyone knows how to do it, I find it easy to catch a bluff in online poker.

Art eh? This would explain why most people are afraid to do it in cardchat games ...

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm better at catching bluf, you can't always do something like that because you risk too much on the play when you have a solid play then you could.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to tell Online

Playing online, it is very hard for me to tell if the other guy is bluffing

there are only a couple of ways online bluffers can be caught

if you notice a betting pattern that seems repetitive,
you can be sure some, usually most, of the bets are bluffs

but which ones? -- pick the wrong call and your busted

I do bluff a lot in certain circumstances,

but I try to mix up the pattern, showing my cards with actual wins
to make my opponents more wary of calling my bluffs

getting patterned is a sure way to lose your stack to a shrewd player

so, if you bluff, mix it up

TC

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It turns out differently. Sometimes I win on a bluff, and sometimes I get caught, lured and I lose a lot of chips on a bluff. But I am sure that all poker players are bluffing. Therefore, this is a common thing and it is normal when it turns out one way or another.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing and bluff catching I can recognize, but as for the application, I haven’t been able to develop this aspect to the end yet, but I’m working on it.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For now i more of a bluff catcher and maximizing its value:D but working out on my bluffs:)

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly both are good to be able to perform occasionally, but I feel like it is slightly easier for me to bluff than to bluff-catch. I've done both with great success at times, but also made mistakes with both at times. That's poker for you ;)

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I find it way easier to bluff then to catch bluffs.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a world class bluffing player but I'm not too shabby at it I can hold my own when it's time to bluff. But I'm definitely better on the defensive side of bluffing when I'm catching somebody with the nuts. Sometimes even if I don't have the nuts I catch a nice hand that ensures my 3 calling. Rather it's a flush, straight, a set, etc. Especially if I'm in late position my opponent sometimes falls into the trap

Which one are you better at?

Really nobody knows.

The reason is that you don't know how many times you were bluffed and didn't call the villain.

So you don't really know which results are better.

Good luck !

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, so I find that a bluff is not the way, you will get called most of the time. Cash games or higher stakes games look to have more bluffs or very very high raises pre flop.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i want to get better at both

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like bluffing.. but sometimes it doesn't work :smile:

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good enough in both yet 🤪😉….but I think both is on the same level and I hope it will improve

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer to set traps for opponents. Opponents who often bluff are usually aggressive players and often make hasty and ill-considered decisions. If you watch the game closely, it is not difficult to catch such opponents.

M

Mpennies

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am better at bluff catching. I think that betting patterns become more obvious as the streets progress, especially in lower level games. I think it's a lot easier to call down with Ace high or middle pair in position to someone OOP who bets every street, especially with Rainbow flops or uncoordinated boards. It's more situational. However there is nothing better than a good bluff with 8 high, but scary.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If 2 cards are promising, then I allow myself a bluff

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the things that suck about bluffing is you get caught especially if you're playing with a shitty hand. Or if you think you are bluff catching with a nice hand but not knowing your opponent is above you with a higher hand.

Bluffing ain't easy