Bluffing

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how many times have you paid hands up to the river and discovered that the villain was bluffing. lately i'm losing accounts there are only bluffers in poker, i played an interesting hand i took AK and i was just calling the table comes 10JQ53 VILAO always betting and i calling on the river he went allin i called he had 2e4 da to believe it...
This is my favorite bluff/call story so you might have read about it before. I was in a $50 triple up SNG with KK. Blinds were 200-400. I had 7,000 in chips. The second highest chip leader with 4000 chips was first to react. He limped in for 400 chips. I made a minimum raise to 800. The other two players were split with the remaining 2,500 chips. I'd made several minimum raises against the other players prior to this point, usually with good hands but sometimes just bullying. Small blind and big blind both folded, and the other player went all in. I called. He had 10-4 off suit. All he had to do to win the game was sit back, relax, and let the two critical chip stacks duke it out. If he had gotten lucky and cracked my kings, the odds would still be in my favor to win the game. Had I folded, I'm sure he would have flashed his cards to show how he out played the chip leader. I'm sure much to their delight, I ended splitting the $450 payoff with the two critical chip stack players. I laughed for half an hour after the game, thinking about the expression on his face and the screams he probably made when I turned over my kings.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I love bluffing when without position hero is checking.

60-80% of pot size beting

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really think you have to bluff. If you don't ever bluff and either get caught or show the bluff then no-one dhould ever call your bet / raise with a worse hand.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is common to see liars at the tables, bets go up with nothing and if you are not confident they take all your chips. You have to play with them only strong cards

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If bluffing were illegal in poker, or punished in some way at showdown, then your bewilderment and claim would have a chance to be considered fair. But that's not the case. And since you didn't take the initiative in the described hand, your opponent bluffed everything with a clear conscience - this is normal for some players.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Bluff when scary cards come up, sometimes even when it doesn't look right. It's impossible to beat all but the weakest players unless you charge big bluffs from time to time. If you are not a big fan of bluffing, then you definitely need to turn to this trick to take your game to the next level.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
He drew attention to the fact that peoples from southern countries bluff more often than peoples from northern latitudes. Probably hot blood boils in their veins, so you catch them bluffing more often than northerners.:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens because it's poker. Calling without the nuts knowing when and why is the hard part.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good bluff has always seemed to me a sign of attention and understanding of the game. the good lamplighters know when to apply one, it is more difficult when they are applying it in tournament final tables

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing..... its not pretty.... Its not Just..... But Somebody has to do the dirty work.

skrtel348

skrtel348

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
Bluffing is a part of poker, a necessity if you want to succeed.
But bluffing isn't just about winning with a bad hand, it's also about the timing of your calls or raises. The speed with which you play. The variety of your actions. It's all part of making you unreadable.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bluffing in poker is a very risky business. But that's really part of the game. Brev I do very rarely, and only when I learned the players at the table. There are players very careful, they can be bluffed. Relatively aggressive players should not bluff, because 90% of luck will be on their side.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Without bluffing Poker would be called "Luckiest hand wins"

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how many times have you paid hands up to the river and discovered that the villain was bluffing. lately i'm losing accounts there are only bluffers in poker, i played an interesting hand i took AK and i was just calling the table comes 10JQ53 VILAO always betting and i calling on the river he went allin i called he had 2e4 da to believe it...
Yeah Poker is a liers game.

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well a great way to face these players is to wait for a hand and let themselves dig their own grave, haha

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Sometimes at low limits it's not profitable because I'm sure they don't believe in anything and they pay with everything and it's frustrating it's better to bet on value and less lies

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This sort of thing happens a lot on micro.

Low you also see but not very often.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an art. Can't be explained through basic concepts. It takes years to possess this skill. But yeah there's some easy modalities to catch a bluffer. If he constantly aggressive, plays any hand to see the flop, he may be a bluffer or just a hungry underdog 😁

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bluff - you can lose a lot and earn money where you were supposed to lose, you need to learn and use this technique skillfully, and not when you want

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my experience at micro/low and freeroll stakes, the best time to bluff is when you are playing against one player, you have position over him.

The opponent checks and then you attack the pot for 70-80
5 pots. 90% of the time, the guy will call.

If he checks and then waits on the turn, we do the same.

Same principle on the river.

In multi-person pots, it is good to bet for 1/10th of the pot size, so you will win the pot very often. If someone makes a 3bet, we throw out

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a stupid bluff. The player probably thinks that you can intimidate with the whole stack. I do not welcome such bluffs. In general, I rarely bluff.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Even the stupidest bluff is part of the fun for the gamblers, but should throw the first stone whoever never coin flip gamble at a hyper freeroll table.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A lot of time, but my hand was weak, and when you bluff is presumed you don´t have a hand, so you bluff counting on villain´s hand weakness.