Bluffing

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to give my advice for successfull bluffing.
When you are bluffing, you need to represent something. You cant bluff on dry board for example. You need to lead your opponent into thinking you have premium hand, and you will do that by imagining you have the cards you are representing. That way you will play the hand as you would with premium cards.
This tactics can mostly be applied to good or great players, not begginers or amateurs as they would even understand you playing premium cards in the first place.
Tell me your oppinion on this.

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly believe bluffing is only done proper in live poker

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be a little harder to bluff online. Bet sizing is important in the bluff - sometimes a cbet can knock other opponents off stronger hands. Even in freerolls, sometimes by min betting I can knock others off their hands - and if they let me, I know I can try and exploit it cautiously.

F

faf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your'e basically right, making a bluff is like telling a story, you need to make it feel reliable. It's not only about representing a strong hand, but also taking advantage of cards on the board that suit your range and might scare your opponent.

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be a little harder to bluff online. Bet sizing is important in the bluff - sometimes a cbet can knock other opponents off stronger hands. Even in freerolls, sometimes by min betting I can knock others off their hands - and if they let me, I know I can try and exploit it cautiously.

i gotta agree with this 100%

K

kball64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are bluffing, you need to represent something. You cant bluff on dry board for example. You need to lead your opponent into thinking you have premium hand, and you will do that by imagining you have the cards you are representing. That way you will play the hand as you would with premium cards.
This tactics can mostly be applied to good or great players, not begginers or amateurs as they would even understand you playing premium cards in the first place.

You can't bluff on dry boards? Why not? When you're heads up with an opponent and the flop comes J 4 2 rainbow then check raising becomes hugely profitable. When facing a check raise on a board like J 4 2 rain bow, you can float or even 3b if you have an active opponent on your hands. if they are nitty you can fold.

you do not need to lead your opponent into thinking you have a premium hand, you just need to know what hand he has and what his stats are ( so you can see how scared he will play)

balance ranges is good, yes.

:captain:

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys i was talking about live tournaments. Like serious poker. Not talking about online because there is totally different story. In live games against top notch players this is my tactic. Just to clear things up.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not very good at bluffing. In short, I do not like bluffing myself, so as not to get into a triviality and I do not like players who are fond of bluffing.

yosjenis55

yosjenis55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon friend, I honestly do not master that art to the perfection in fact I think I'm missing a lot, what you say is true we should think as if we had the best pairs or at least a set and bet strong for your opponent to throw your cards .. I do not know if I'm wrong in this appreciasion .... regards ...

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bluff is an important `tool` in the game. Good psycology needed to succed the bluff!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game. Have to know when to try and where it doesn't hurt you to bad. Playing with people you have history with can help. Especially if you rarely bluff.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff should be used with be care and few times, mainly in the river.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find it almost impossible to bluff online. so many people will go all in with almost any 2 cards hoping to get there on the river. unless you are playing for big money its hard to bluff.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A good Bluff is like a good Story it has a beginning, middle, and an Ending.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BLUFF

Online is tricky to figure out who is who, I am amateur.

W

winston kay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta be careful around the poker table, especially around unfamiliar faces.

N

nashty22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing at the right time is the best way to bluff...bluffing at every pot will cause you to fail miserably.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You need to incorporate a certain bluffing frequency into your game or you are leaving chips on the table. how often and on what type of runouts you can and should bluff on will depend on your opponent and the player type they are (if they can find the fold button, or if they will never fold anything more than a pair). Bluffing is a big part of no limit holdem as it is difficult to even flop/turn a single pair most of the time, so if you are just check folding every single time you miss a flop you are 1. easy to play against 2. never going to win a tourney unless you run super hot and 3. extremely exploitable by a decent player.

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing in my opinion matters most with the position you're in. Best to bluff when you're last in position so you can see what the other players are doing. Chances are when they keep checking to you, you can steal the hand with a bluff. =)

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro stakes turnaments bluff is no option they call everything :D:D

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very to it only applies when you playing against the decent players and not against amateurs. also I do consider the stack level against the villain also key.

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing vs gambling

I agree with you. other than a good bluff its gambling our hands.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that it is harder to bluff new players, who are likely to think their hand is better than it really is. For example, betting/calling down two pair when the board is paired with a straight and a flush draw!

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard for me to bluff in live poker bc I think people can see thru me. During online its much easier.