Live game, big pot, all in shove.
What would this read?FB IMG 1524380833463

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The systolic (1st number would go up), the diastolic (2nd number, the pressure against the arterial walls during the rest period of the heart) should stay the same. A temporary raise in systolic is okay, in fact it goes up when you exercise. If you have a high diastolic, you have hypertension already. If your blood pressure is under control normally, playing poker should not adversely affect you, unless you already have high blood pressure. It all depends on what your blood pressure usually is.... but I could be wrong. If I am, I am sure someone will correct me. I made a similar post probably about a year ago, you might be able to find it; nobody really had an answer at the time, but my husband Brian is a research hound and found the answer on his own. Basically, he determined that he needed to control his blood pressure anyway and as long as he did that, it was fine to play poker. He did it with diet and exercise and he is off meds now. I am very proud of him... plus I like to watch him polish his guns!

Last edited:
hyperion

hyperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol! This is funny but people with heart problems shouldn't go all in pre flop or maybe they could have a heart attack isn't it?

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really not funny lol. I have pretty high bp and am one those people that hate taking meds. So I don't. I try some vitamins and natural supplements but think diet and my weight are most important. Anyway I was playing couple weeks ago and flopped straight with 4 people in it. I was first to act and checked. Heart was pounding so hard was difficult to hide it. When last to act put out big bet I shoved. 2 folded and then there was the long wait for other better to finally call with his set. By the time the turn and river finally were turned over missing the board and my str help my heart honestly didn't feel right. Took me few minutes to relax and feel right again. I try to make sure I am more relaxed and prepare myself better since. Playing online I never have this problem. Funny how having people around affects you