Blog crosspost: Last Leg?

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm to lazy to register on the blog to post a comment.

I dont know why your in such panic "go big or go home" with your bankroll. Ofcourse you need a job and money to survive in the world. You still have $400 which is plenty to start/build a bankroll. From what ive seen your average buy in about $10-20(sharkscope says 12).

Why dont you give the 180 seaters a try? you have made several FT and have a good ROI on them. You have 20 buy ins for the $20 seaters and 40 for the $10 ones. If you get 3rd in one, you can not cash in the other 19 and still have your original bankroll. Of course your an above average player and will of course FT a few of them and prbly make a grand or 2 easy. I think you should give those a try(same with chris).

Ive also noticed on your sharkscope you have played 5 SNGS in the past week and have not placed in any of them. Perhpas your in a little bit of a slump and are tilting and afraid your only source of money will dry up....which leads back to get a job!

Last edited:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id give the SNG's another quick go and tell yourself that 'you will win' and 'the donkeys will not prevail' - GL :)

TrentsMomm

TrentsMomm

Hidin' Out
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not gonna tell you what you want to hear so stop reading now if you don't want to hear it.........I really don't know an easy way to say it so I'm just going to be blunt about it and PRAY you don't take it the wrong way......OK, last chance to STOP reading this.......Good player or not, all you have is 400ish dollars left with rent and bills due and you are asking us what you should do????? Are you kidding????? I'm certainly not going to tell you to play poker with it! You need to get a job. Sooner than later you will have to anyway so why not go ahead and do it now? Play poker for fun! Yes, we will miss you tremendously here at cc but your life (wife,kids,ect.)(if you don't have them already) is way more important then that I think. OK, I could go on and on but I'm going to stop there. nag,nag,nag, just like a mother:) GOOD LUCK, whatever you decide to do.:):):)

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i responded in the blog chuck:)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^the thing is the 'rent' is room and board; owed to my mother...It doesn't have to be exactly on time ie I'm still paying the last bits of last month's r+b ;)

I do completely agree though...I really really need a job.

What I completely forgot to mention in the blog entry (just came to me now) is that I'm most probably going to be working for a family friend's landscaping company within the month. The owner's currently overseas traveling and will be back on the 1st of next month, and I've got it all lined up with her, so I'm safe.

@mischman:

I'm definitely concerned with my recent mini downswing, and I know that $400 is plenty to keep playing the stakes I'm at, but come time for the $300 rent, I'm screwed with a $100 bankroll :/

As for the MTTs, I've kind of stop playing them lately. The cash flow with them is too inconsistent for me. Meh; I'll experiment with different games.

and yes, I get the underlying point:

note to self: GET A GODDAM JOB

Thanks for the input guys :)

As for the progress, I played one $10 MTT, busted out of money, and played one $15 turbo STT, and won. Little step-bro is here, so it's kind of hectic right now, and I don't think I'll play until it settles down later.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you plan on becoming a poker pro it's time to start working on a career. You can continue playing poker but as a pass time but as a job.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read TB's and NineLion's respones in the blog, and decided to post here in response to everyone rather than posting twice.

This was a really rushed blog post and I've left out a lot of things that I should have mentioned.

For one, as mentioned, I've got a job lined up for landscaping soon; I completely forgot about this when I wrote the blog entry because she's in Thailand right now and will be coming back soon.

I'm going to college in May; I'm not planning on coasting through life on a <$1000 bankroll playing poker on my PC in my mother's basement :p My long-term goal is to become a certified electrician (=$$$$$$) and either keep at that for a full career, or make enough working as an electrician to open up some kind of a business (restaurant, bar w/e).

So anyways...the landscaping is a %99 sure thing, but regardless, point well taken: get a job. I really do appreciate the comments + advice, guys :) I'm a lazy mother ____ and need a kick in the ass once in a while to get me going.

Anyways, It's kind of hectic today, and I won't be playing much, but I'm basically going to be playing like a madman in the next while to make as much as I can before I start working again. I'll be grinding the $15 turbos, and will toss in the occasional $10 108-seater (thx misch).

Thanks again for the responses :)

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok here is what i wrote there that dissapeared. lol.i said ..what happened to school?i also said you need to find a job(but you know this). it also seems like you are acting like you are on tilt. practice bankroll management with what you do have. don't panic and don't go on tilt.you know you can't stay away from us for to long chuck:p .

TrentsMomm

TrentsMomm

Hidin' Out
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got a job lined up.

I'm going to college in May. :)

Thanks for clearing that up, I was a little worried when I first read you blog!:D :D Good Luck Again!!!!!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K, we'll worry just a little bit less about ya now.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to worry, haven't ya ever read my sig?

Legally or illegally, I'll be rich at one point or another in my life
icon_king.gif

...wait maybe that's just more reason to worry :/

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard a dime bag of weed goes for $15 in canada.....You said you wanted to start a business, find a street corner and open up shop!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ChuckTs said:
^^the thing is the 'rent' is room and board; owed to my mother...It doesn't have to be exactly on time ie I'm still paying the last bits of last month's r+b ;)
Come on now, Chuck...you've gotta take care of mom. ;) TB and NineLions gave great advice. I'm glad you've got things lined up and planned out--now you just need to act on them. You're a great guy, and I know you'll go far; you just need to get that arse in gear! :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to worry, haven't ya ever read my sig?

Legally or illegally, I'll be rich at one point or another in my life
icon_king.gif

...wait maybe that's just more reason to worry :/

Ah, but it's like an extended family here man, so anytime someone does something that might not be in their best interest, people will get concerned.

And, you'll have to show us your tan at the end of the August after landscaping all summer :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You seem to know what you really need to do - even before you read these responses.

It would be great to get by on poker winnings but that is just not gonna happen with your current bankroll.

So get that landscaping job and whatever you do don't follow the advice of posting a picture of yourself with a tan lol.

Play smart with what's left of your bankroll. Safe as in not putting too much of it at risk at one time.

You are a good poker player - you can build on what you have.

Oh yea - you could also start a side business of coaching me for a small fee lol.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to bump an old thread, what happened?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it was obv uneventful enough for me to completely forget.

I think I ended up playing a little more than I was regularly, but didn't go nuts. Did well, made a little $$, started working and payed the old bag her rent :D.