Black Friday, How Has it Changed Poker?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sitting here, smoking weed, playing tournament poker and reading/posting here on CC and started wondering why I'm losing my BR, some of you thought right away, "It's the weed", well that's not it.
I have been here at CC for a little over 10yrs, I also have been playing online since then. During the first few years of playing online, I was a losing player, I lacked discipline and patience, through this forum I started learning more and slowing started to make small gains, I was playing mostly tournaments and $10NL full ring about once or twice a week and making small profits but lacked BRM, because of this, I was playing beyond proper BRM.
I had stopped playing poker for awhile, life happened, well, I became interested in poker again and started making small deposits, Now realizing I wasn't properly rolled for $10NL I played $2NL, I didn't care for the reckless play, not that it wan't present in $10NL, just not as many were reckless.
So now I play micro-tournaments, I know I play strong, making the right decisions most of the time, and find myself getting crippled or knocked out by bingo players, I know, it's part of the game, and I accept that.

Now on to the reason I started this thread.
How did Black Friday change poker?

For me I think it made it harder for Canadians on pokerstars to make money at poker, how? When the United State was allowed to play on pokerstars, I seemed to make small profits and make ITM more often, not because American players were softer, They just played North American style poker, if that makes any sense to you.
With the Americans gone from PS, there are simply more Eastern style poker being played on PS.

Sorry about story, weed makes me that way :):canabis:

Last edited:
S

sophiacharles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thousands of online poker players in the United States woke up on what was later dubbed Black Friday to the Department of Justice cracking down on the alleged crimes of the major offshore operators Black Friday promo codes . poker stars paid its U.S. players in full, but Absolute Poker and full tilt poker have stiffed their former customers. The combined debt of the two companies is in the hundreds of millions.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think is a matter of time that all became digital...poker too...so, it will be back...

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
All you have to do is change from North American style to Eastern style and you will be back in the money.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a matter of regulations, if ps, 888, etc. will pay taxes and radicate in the us, i think it will be poker online again.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sitting here, smoking weed, .... Now on to the reason I started this thread.

How did Black Friday change poker?

For me I think it made it harder for Canadians on Pokerstars to make money at poker, how? When the United State was allowed to play on pokerstars, I seemed to make small profits and make ITM more often, not because American players were softer, They just played North American style poker, if that makes any sense to you.
With the Americans gone from PS, there are simply more Eastern style poker being played on PS.

Sorry about story, weed makes me that way :):canabis:
What do you mean by North American style and Eastern style poker?

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think he means hodem, omaha vs 5 cards

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the players have improved a lot since then, there's a lot more training material easily available online and most players have a decent TAG game at least.

People are playing much more GTO poker than gut feel like it was back in't day.

R

ryangray420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
black friday changed poker alot for people in united states we dont have value in tourneys anymore compared to stars 888 and such u see a 5.50 tourney on stars have 50k gtd and a 5.50 tourney on acr may be a 5k

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Black Friday saved Full Tilt players
It has forever changed online poker, especially in the United States. PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and UltimateBet were charged with violating the Unlawful Internet gambling Enforcement Act. That day spoiled the impeccable reputation of PokerStars, and also put an end to Full Tilt, Absolute Poker and UltimateBet.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack