Biggest single pot

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So today I lost my biggest ever single pot playing $1/2 I have $380 and get AA in the bb EP makes it $6. MP raises to $24 folds to me and I make it $90 EP folds and MP jams having me slightly covered. I call he has KK flop
QK3 turn another K. What is the biggest single pot won or lost you have had?

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So today I lost my biggest ever single pot playing $1/2 I have $380 and get AA in the bb EP makes it $6. MP raises to $24 folds to me and I make it $90 EP folds and MP jams having me slightly covered. I call he has KK flop
QK3 turn another K. What is the biggest single pot won or lost you have had?

Yikes, that's one hell of a cold deck. Unlucky my dude!

When I first started playing poker I used to take my whole bankroll to the table and kept moving up with 1 buyin. I was running pretty hot and the games were very soft back then.
So I started at 50NL and eventually managed to play 1000NL
Folded to me in the SB with JJ, I had around 130BBs and the BB had me covered slightly.
I raised and he called. Flop was 2 low cards and a Jack, I Cbet, villain raised, I 3bet, villain 4bet, I 5bet jammed villain called.
He showed me QJ off-suit with no draw.
Well the turn and river wasn't too kind to me, and to say the least, I was emotionally destroyed.
However I am always trying to looking on the bright side and without this pot I would never of taken BRM seriously and understood the variance of the game.

I hope you learnt something similar in your bad beat, as it will make you stronger in the future :)

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes, that's one hell of a cold deck. Unlucky my dude!

When I first started playing poker I used to take my whole bankroll to the table and kept moving up with 1 buyin. I was running pretty hot and the games were very soft back then.
So I started at 50NL and eventually managed to play 1000NL
Folded to me in the SB with JJ, I had around 130BBs and the BB had me covered slightly.
I raised and he called. Flop was 2 low cards and a Jack, I Cbet, villain raised, I 3bet, villain 4bet, I 5bet jammed villain called.
He showed me QJ off-suit with no draw.
Well the turn and river wasn't too kind to me, and to say the least, I was emotionally destroyed.
However I am always trying to looking on the bright side and without this pot I would never of taken BRM seriously and understood the variance of the game.

I hope you learnt something similar in your bad beat, as it will make you stronger in the future :)

Damn that's a bad beat too.
I have managed to build a bit of roll 2 and 3 tabling 0.50/1 and but I think a drop back down is in order as I haven't been following BRM correctly.
I've ran hot for around two months but took my first serious hit today having a shot at 1/2 I doubled my stack almost then ran into this hand. Thanks for the advice

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Thats poker. It will happen to you many times. The important thing is that you forced a single opponent to pay all your chips with only 2 outs. Luck is not something you can do anything about.