Best poker player.

mrrigel

mrrigel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^this. Not only does he have the most bracelets, he holds the all time record for cashes in WSOP events.:cool:

He also holds the record for final tables. It's like 58 or something insane.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently its Jerry 'Jerry Jerry' Yang :D

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ever wise... it's stu ungar hands down... head and shoulders above the rest, man woulda loved to seen him playing with these guys today

C

crackercrisp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Best Poker Player!!

Well the best poker player alive would have to be Phil Hellmuth. I mean look at what he has accomplished so far and how long he has left to build to those accomplishments. You could argue that several other players are just as good and you would be correct! Poker is not a sport such as Basketball or Baseball where skill dominates! Poker is a game that involves luck. Which means any donkey with no clue how to play can beat the best at anytime. With this being considered I am the best! LOL!! No wait you are the best!!! Okay we all are the best! Good enough answer for you I surely hope so! Good luck at the tables Ladies and Gents.

X

xraidedpimpn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my fav gus hansen, phil ivey and allan cunningham a goos question should be most exciting

GreekFish

GreekFish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best?

The best no limit tourney player of alltime was stuey ungar, in cash games its chip reese, its pretty simple..Tj has 59 major wins(respect) stuey was a phenom though,as far for hellmouth I cant respect a guy who cries over evey bad beat thats not a champion thats a punk, ungar 3 wsop Me titles, reese 30 yrs cash game king.......

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best no limit tourney player of alltime was stuey ungar, in cash games its chip reese, its pretty simple..Tj has 59 major wins(respect) stuey was a phenom though,as far for hellmouth I cant respect a guy who cries over evey bad beat thats not a champion thats a punk, ungar 3 wsop Me titles, reese 30 yrs cash game king.......

you do realize when Stu won those titles the fields were just a tiny bit smaller. The question is the best player not if you like him or not because he cries. Now if Stu would of lived then yes maybe he would be better tourney player then Hellmuth now but right now as it stands Hellmuth is the best tourney player hands down. HELLLLLLO 11 braclets, Most final table, Most cashes.....

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phill Hellmuth hands down, 11 bracelets??? craziness

but as for my favorite???

ALLEN CUNNINGHAM

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phill Hellmuth hands down, 11 bracelets??? craziness

but as for my favorite???

ALLEN CUNNINGHAM

I like Allen also,

so favorite hmmm.

I would say mkind is my favorite and yes I know most of you have no idea who this is so I will share.

Jason laso

Quest for the Crown: Mkind16

Jeff Garza

Interview with "Action" Jeff Garza

sorry about link to pocket fives but most of us know about that site anyway. I have watched his videos over and over and he is amazing player.

as for cash games id say.

taylor caby.

Interview with Taylor "Green Plastic" Caby

Brian Townsend

Brian Townsend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

phil gaffond is a new one I admire, only watched one video from him though

Phil Galfond (OMGClayAiken) Poker Bio

I could go on and on about a ton of players, annette, rizen etc etc etc.

oh man almost forgot sheets, imper1um, mr. menlo....crap the list is just too long.

Last edited:
T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil ivy all the way i think phil hellmuth is the worst poker player and the most cry baby ever

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil ivy all the way i think phil hellmuth is the worst poker player and the most cry baby ever

Ok, so explain how the worst poker player has the MOST bracelets EVER. A cry baby he may be, but a big part of that is his "schtick", and you think he got all those bracelets how? Picking peoples povkets maybe? Hoe many did he steal from you? Surely you've beaten him lots of times, after all, he's the worst poker player.

Oh, and BTW, here's some friends I'd like to introduce you to:

,.?!:"

They are known as the punctuation family; if you expect people to take your drivel seriously, make them your friends. Or aquaintances, at least.

GreekFish

GreekFish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmouth(LOL) U SERIOUS?

In reply to strom= Who do the pros say was the best no limit tourney player= stu ungar period. He beat them all doyle/ hellmouth/ huck. The final table in 80 was moss/ peason/ slim /doyle.. The size of the fields were not his fault HELLO, the fields in yrs will be 20 k and people will say well u only beat 8k, lol understand.. Hellmuth one a lot of the bracelets when The Pros boycotted the series in the 80's and 90's. Poker is not just holdem it s poker so the best overall is reese, pro at 16 diff games, ungar also won in stud and lowball, Hellmouth is a joke, ungar started the style that all of the great ones play on the internet as well/ raise and reraise with nothing/ so some guy on cardchat says hellmouth? ILL GO WITH THE PROS THEY ALL SAY STUEY BRUNSON CHIP DANIEL HUCK WHY DO THEY SAY THAT IS IT A CONSPIRACY, THE MOST FEARED TO DAY IS IVEY AND ANTONIUS LOOK AT THE PRO POLLS/ AND WHILE YOUR THERE LOOK AT THE PRO POLL FOR BEST NO LIMIT TOURNEY PLAYER HELLO= GUESS WHO=STUEY THE KID UNGAR/ BUY THE WAY TY HELLMOUTH CAUSE WHE HIM AND STU PLAYED THAT 97 SERIES HE FUSTRATED HELMOUTH SO MUCH TH DONKED OFF 375K TO HIM COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITH OUT HIM, 11 BRACLETS HUGH PLENTY OF 100 MA FIELDS TOO, BUT THE PROS WERE BOYCOTTING AT THE TIME, WHAT A JOKE BOTTOM LINE UNGAR WAS A PHENOM/ JUST HAD ANOTHER SUPER HIGH STAKES CASH GAME IN LONDON ANTONIUS AND IVEY 800K POT/HELLMOUTH SCARED TO PLAY/LOST 30 K LOL/ THE FIRST ONE/THE GUY DOSENT HAVE THE BALLS TO PLAY THOSE STAKES/WHERE AS STU WELL HE WAS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF NO LIMIT/ BALLS(PUTTING A MAN TO THE ULTIMATE TEST...................

A

amay537

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played against most of the pros... you can most of the time tell what negranu is doing when u play against him.... beleive it or not Mike the Mouth impressed me the most out of all the players i've faced... he talks a lot of junk...but u have no idea what hes holding or what hes doing at any time... hes very very dangerous...Phil Ivey also, but i refused to play in hands with him when i sat at his table so i couldn;t get a good read off him. I thought Scotty Wynn was probably the most overrated and worst poker player out there.. I took him for 50k in chips in a oturnament on numerous amounts of hands...and anyone who has ever met him can tell you he;s the most annoying bastad around...all he kept saying is "baby" this and "baby" that.... Also The mouth kept hittin on my girl while we were playing ..doin what he could to get in my head at a final table... i wouldn;t let it afect me but he really is very very good at poker...if only he wasnt such a degenerit....

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played against most of the pros... you can most of the time tell what negranu is doing when u play against him.... beleive it or not Mike the Mouth impressed me the most out of all the players i've faced... he talks a lot of junk...but u have no idea what hes holding or what hes doing at any time... hes very very dangerous...Phil Ivey also, but i refused to play in hands with him when i sat at his table so i couldn;t get a good read off him. I thought Scotty Wynn was probably the most overrated and worst poker player out there.. I took him for 50k in chips in a oturnament on numerous amounts of hands...and anyone who has ever met him can tell you he;s the most annoying bastad around...all he kept saying is "baby" this and "baby" that.... Also The mouth kept hittin on my girl while we were playing ..doin what he could to get in my head at a final table... i wouldn;t let it afect me but he really is very very good at poker...if only he wasnt such a degenerit....

Scotty baby is overrated- hahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahhaaaaaa!

Guess he's just been lucky all this time and in this year's me, right?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How does anyone ever still take this guy^ with any degree of seriousness... ??!?

Ok, so explain how the worst poker player has the MOST bracelets EVER. A cry baby he may be, but a big part of that is his "schtick", and you think he got all those bracelets how? Picking peoples povkets maybe? Hoe many did he steal from you? Surely you've beaten him lots of times, after all, he's the worst poker player.

Oh, and BTW, here's some friends I'd like to introduce you to:

,.?!:"

They are known as the punctuation family; if you expect people to take your drivel seriously, make them your friends. Or aquaintances, at least.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i seen couple of threads like this, but this time i have a different answer than what i put in earlier threads. i put that i phil ivey and hellmuth last time...this time im going to go with all of the pros are great players. some are more aggresive some are more lucky, some are more talkative, some are great at reading people but they all are pros. and if they are being called a poker pro then that means they earned it somehow, but i do like how phil hellmuth and phil ivey and daniel negreanu play.

K

Kinkikos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In terms of raw ability, Gus Hansen. In terms of true lifetime accomplishment at not only high-profile tourneys but ring games, nobody can beat Doyle. None of the other people mentioned here have won the final hand of a major tourney with T2o--TWICE!