Best amount of people at the poker table

A

ands1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best amount of people to play and which do you prefer? 9,6,3 or one against one?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For different mood different table. Sometimes im into moreslow game maybe mixed with some movie. Another day im more into playing more intense game and i hop so smaller tables. Heads up tho is certainly not my cup of coffee.

stig7tfm

stig7tfm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For MTTs, I prefer full ring but for fast-fold cash (Zoom etc.) I prefer 6-max.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play at a full table. Even a zoompoker. But I also feel good at a table with 6 players. But at the final table HU.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As everyone said, a table full of championships and with 6 for cash games.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a beginner player, I think the best table would be 6 max. This is how I started to play, it is easier to remember the style of play and the actions of other players at the table. Now there is no difference at which poker table to play, but I mostly play tournaments with 9-6 max players

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know why but I prefer 6 players at the table and the one I don't like is heads up:)

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For cash games I prefer 6max. In the beginning I played fullring, but here position and tightplay are more important, and sometimes it gets bored when you get many trash hands.
In 6 max is more action and you can play a bit more loose.
But for MTT's, I prefer a table with 9 players.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I prefer 9 players because I get the same number of hands, but less number of blinds.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each player chooses a discipline that is convenient for him and a table with a number of people where he feels comfortable.I suggest not to focus on one thing and look for a wide range.versatility makes your game much stronger.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like best full ring 9 player games.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 or 8 table for me, more hands for your money

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And it all depends on which table you mean, but I think a full table is always better since you can collect more chips or money, now if it is the final table of a tournament, obviously one against one

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best amount of people to play and which do you prefer? 9,6,3 or one against one?
I prefer a full game of nine players because it opens up a lot of playable hands. The short handed games (six players) require more stronger starting hands.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play with a full table, with 6 or 9 players.
I have some difficulty playing with few people.
It always depends on the opponents at the moment. Some players know how to press and make it very difficult.

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games I play better with the 6 player format. I like the quick action and the overall feel for the hands. When playing a tournament 7 players sitting on a table or more is beneficial, because I seem to see more hands and pay less blinds per each view. Either way cards are cards and poker is the name of the game!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
that is very dependent on my mood but I like to play 9 or 6 max the head ups only like to play at the final table when I get that far lol. But that is rather rare. I like the 9 because then you don't get into the blinds so quickly and you have more air to breathe while playing. But sometimes I also like the action and there is a little more at the 6 or 4 tables, so sometimes I also play 4 max tables but that seldom. my favorites are 6 or 9 max

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some poker players prefer these shorthanded cash games simply because they like to play against fewer opponents and they get to see more hands.:eek:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always preferred the short table of six. Never seen a SnG with three.