frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why is so hard to reconize ourselves bad habits? I read a lot of comments here saying about how much the others are maniacs, goes allin everytime... the others and others and others... But the right matter to think that it is not looking for a way to make our opponents to play as we want, but to win, we have to change our strategy to catch the opponents chips. I think like that. What do you think?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cant really force a villan to play how you want, but you can exploit what they are doing. IF they shove to much- wait for a good hand and call, if they fold to much to min raise- min raise them, if they play to many hands value own them etc. etc. etc.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think every player has the right to play as he pleases. For some poker is bingo, lottery, and for others it is a strategy. Personally, I always remain patient and try to get good results, thanks to my skills and experience.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More recently, shoving any hands, even in freerolls, was a sign of bad taste! Players respected themselves and others at the table. But what is happening now, even in expensive tournaments, is complete mess and madhouse !!!

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are correct, but often when people are complaining about maniacs or people going all in all the time, doesn't automatically mean they aren't changing their strategy appropriately against them. If someone is going all in every single hand, you can correctly realize that if you choose to enter the hand before they've acted, you know you are probably going to be up against an all in, but that still doesn't make it any more fun. You're still irritated you have to plan to only play hands your willing to go all in with.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is so hard to reconize ourselves bad habits? I read a lot of comments here saying about how much the others are maniacs, goes allin everytime... the others and others and others... But the right matter to think that it is not looking for a way to make our opponents to play as we want, but to win, we have to change our strategy to catch the opponents chips. I think like that. What do you think?

I think you are correct :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually people think that the others or other things are responsible for the bad results. The care of every player is to become better from his mistakes. He will do it whatever he do. He will learn! It is unavoidable, it is simple logic anyway!

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

it is true, to look at ourselves and see what is wrong and to evolve according to time and training and a lot of study!

:heeeellll

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Typical focus should be on how to recognize and then how to best exploit there weaknesses. At the same time self evaluation of ones own play and ways to prevent others from doing the same to you while attempting to plug your leaks.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think part of those complaints simply originate from the uncertainty caused by the fact that the other player doesn't play the way we want him to play ... although I wonder ... do we really want him to play the same poker as us? do we want him to play the right hands? Isn't it preferable that he play 73o? or open from UTG with A4o? The pain comes when those hands are the ones that break the AA that one carries, but in the long term they will be the hands that will make us earn money.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play poker with aggressive maniacs. It is convenient and fast because there is always a high probability of your victory if you have enough patience.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frnandoh, nice observation; and thank you for it. The reality of patience really kicks in at about this point. These all-in strategies, at will, ( many times), I do use in my favor. I view these all-inners as potential targets ready to be picked. Timing is the key. I have also made the mistake of being too patient; I have hit everything from strait flushes, quads, boats, flushes and straits on the flop and only win the blind's pot 'cause everyone folds. Still, frustration? No! It's poker. The game is amazing. When you leave anger, name-calling, and other negativities out, win or lose, you can still garner the enjoyment of the game. Of course, do try to win. LOL! GOD bless you all!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the lowest (micro) stakes where most members play everybody makes many mistakes wile playing. As you can not change the way other players play it is much better to try to improve your game so that you make less mistakes and win.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This way of oponents think its not bad, make us to win more chips!! Its human to make mistakes and blame everyone, if you not have self clock someone goes and stole your chips too.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be Like Water

Like Bruce Lee said, "Be like water."

What he meant was to be ready for any situation and adapt to the situation as it is presented.

If you are presented with a box then your shape will be square. If you are presented with a round glass then your shape will be curved.

The cards actually offer a finite number of configurations - although there are a lot of them.

But the different people and psychologies - that is what really mixes everything up in poker !

Good luck !