To Be Or Not to Be

L

lechiffre702758

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to become a pro poker player. I have a day job but I hate it. Any advice?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't quit your day job, but plan your time in the evening so you can study, practice, and become a better player.

Try to see what skills that are required in your day job could benefit you on the poker tables (and vice versa), put in extra effort into developing those skills.

Seek to learn and to grow as a person. The more you know, the more possibilities you will have in life (be it at work, promotions, at poker, or alternative careers).

Treat the poker professionally, structured, scheduled, and intentionally. If you do this and you develop your character that way you will have the best chance at succeeding in poker, and also if you change your mind about poker you will still have developed into a hardworking professional who has all kinds of options.

Here's a strategy playlist to get your started --> http://gripsed.com/win

And a video specifically on becoming a poker pro :)

And another fun one that's a little bit mind blowing :)

L

lechiffre702758

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

avangard555

avangard555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collect the hand base (HM3, H2N). And fill out a poker school questionnaire. It is difficult to develop without a coach now

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Instead i would be happy to have a job in poker industry, learning and playing a lot for a past 3, 4 years (at least 8 hours daily) otherwise i'm looking for a life changing score in some big tournament.

Kinginthenorth

Kinginthenorth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone was thinking it

All these suggestions are good, but the first line of the first response is what everyone who reads this thread will immediately be thinking. "Don't quit your day job." 🤣:icon_thum

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice to you, work hard, every day, day after day, step by step, to achieve your goal. Poker can be profitable and that is obvious. How quickly you become a profitable player depends on you and your patience. Either way, our community is the best platform to achieve your goals.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a difficult goal to achieve but not impossible, you have to ask for advice exactly from those people who got there, they know best how, we just give our opinion.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
become a poker player when your bankroll i big enough to sustain your expenses

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to the game itself, it is the psychological attitude that determines the success of poker players in the long term. The professional poker player needs, among other things, the following qualities and traits:

Patience
Discipline
Controlling emotions
Concentration
Vigilance

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a difficult way to earn easy money.

Poker needs a lot of study, practice and patience, the most important thing, you can start making a half-time schedule and see how it goes and my advice is that you start making your bankroll or playing from the sit & go mode tournaments with limits of players, with This mode is creating game discipline and your bankroll tries to do it for a period of 3 months and it will go well later on, you will see if it is more profitable than the salary you earn in your work.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do what I'm doing. Save enough until you have a good bankroll then go play for high stakes and get lucky. Dont play low stakes. Use your skill and time to make more in less time.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be - a gifted mathematician with an analytical brain, great intuition and ice-cool nerve
Not to be - just an average Joe who likes poker but is not truly exceptional at it

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We live and do not know what we should do in this or that situation.To become a professional player is to give up everything and give yourself completely to the game.Are you ready for this development?If so, then a new life awaits you .A life of new emotions and sensations.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

my advice is that you do not leave your day job, because poker is a very dangerous game and you have to have a good sponsor, if you don’t even give in to start thinking about being professional.

volume_up

content_copy

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, but i think you have to hear some Podcast about this Theme!
I heard for months a Podcast where Bencb789 said a very good idea how to start professionel with poker. He said, he would work 6 months in his Job to make enough money to have enough money to beat the downswing, and if you lose, who cares, you lost only money and can go back to the Job again, maybe also Poker isnt something good for you and you have to fix your Job or to do another, because poker wont fix your Problems, you have to fix your mind, then you can think about poker, but dont see poker as a Thing that would fix all your Problems, because this would never Happen and it can also be very dangerous.
First fix your life, then crush the tables!!! Very Important!!!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, why nobody is talking about how many online players actually playing with profit? Not too many im gonna tell you.
So one of the advices mush certainly be - accept that in order to really win in poker for living, you must be in some top 5% players or somthing.
So to play poker for living you must be really good.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Instead of studying poker, study investing. Unless you are able to travel and play live poker, the opportunity to be profitable online is already tiny and just keeps shrinking over time.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, but i think you have to hear some Podcast about this Theme!
I heard for months a Podcast where Bencb789 said a very good idea how to start professionel with poker. He said, he would work 6 months in his Job to make enough money to have enough money to beat the downswing, and if you lose, who cares, you lost only money and can go back to the Job again, maybe also Poker isnt something good for you and you have to fix your Job or to do another, because poker wont fix your Problems, you have to fix your mind, then you can think about poker, but dont see poker as a Thing that would fix all your Problems, because this would never Happen and it can also be very dangerous.
First fix your life, then crush the tables!!! Very Important!!!
Totally agree, i think if you have some problems in your mind - in poker they would appear much stronger and painfully then on your regular job.