To be a Pro

K

Kikomhantsing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I totally understand that most people won't become a successful pro poker player. But I want to at least try. I have a day job, I don't have kids yet but I'm living in with someone. I want to try and become a professional. So far, I'm playing small stakes and I am currently in the positive side. I am from the Philippines and right now the most feasible way for me to play poker is online. I need some advise on how I can transition to become a pro poker player without risking being homeless and hungry.

I have been playing for 3 years now but I did stopped for 3 months now. And I know that the game changes a lot, I wanna how to start again, studying habit I need to do, managing finance etc Screenshot 20210726 095714 comleinpppokerandroid

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Cardschat is the right place for you.Here at Cardschat are PROfessionals players who can give you some tips and you can make the 30 days poker course if you want.Be welcome to cardschat from brazil to Philiphines.

Last edited:
abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you came to a right place. Dig into our forum, search for threads, post more specific questions and stuff. There is no simple answer and formula. Just go and play the lowest limits, when you have like 1000 buy-ins then go try higher limits and so on. If you start losing, you can post some specific hands so our pros and semi pros review and searc for leaks in your game. Or post more specifi questions if you feel like you have some particular problems.
Gl my dude.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Firstly spend some time looking at every single monthly expense and see what is really needed. And where you can trim it further. Add up all your expenses - EXCLUDING your bank roll - I guess you want at least 6 months.

Before giving up your job, maybe take a week or two off and just grind. Playing the odd MTT on the weekend is very different from having to grind 8 - 10 hours 5 days a week. You might not even like it.

Start tracking your results - what sort of ROI are you getting. What results would you need to cover expenses and how close have you been getting?

You might be able to take some of the stress off by finding a part-time job that covers most of your expenses.

BTW doing something similar in the UK - early days though

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I totally understand that most people won't become a successful pro poker player. But I want to at least try. I have a day job, I don't have kids yet but I'm living in with someone. I want to try and become a professional. So far, I'm playing small stakes and I am currently in the positive side. I am from the Philippines and right now the most feasible way for me to play poker is online. I need some advise on how I can transition to become a pro poker player without risking being homeless and hungry.

I have been playing for 3 years now but I did stopped for 3 months now. And I know that the game changes a lot, I wanna how to start again, studying habit I need to do, managing finance etc View attachment 293397
Greetings to your friend! You've already found what you need, and it's CardsChat! I am a newcomer, but in this forum you can find answers to your questions, there are so many people here who answer questions and give useful advice, there are professionals here who will help you, the main thing is be sociable and positive! Understand your handouts more, train discipline and you will succeed! I want to wish you good luck in your endeavors and aspirations, see you at the tables!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I wish you the best of the successes, my expectations are the same, I hope we can get there, and the answer to your question ... luck and ability to know how to play the hands at the right moments big hug and the best successes blessings

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, don't quit your job hoping to make money with poker !!!!!!!!!!!
Especially if you don't have any savings !!!
To begin with, start by taking a course from Cardchat, then play freerolls and micro-stakes and if you really like it, then continue learning, build up your bankroll and climb the stakes.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the main thing is not to quit your job for the sake of poker
this is the main mistake of so many people

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, it's not easy, but if it's what you think is best for you, go for it!
I think it's a high bet to change a formal job to venture into being a pro, I think it's prudent to take your job and poker together!

To be a good pro you will have to take into account your banroll and average buy-in that you play.
What is your ROI?
With that build your game grid and make your planning!

Lots of study, hand review, playing is just part of the pros' job.
You will have to be intimate with ICM to seek to be the most profitable!

GL