Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Banned

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I along with my gf was banned from FTP because we each had an account set up on their site using the same computer. They didn't seem to differentiate the difference of one person with two accounts and I couldn't get them to understand this fact. So, without warning, they took over 500 Million of my play chips and closed both accounts.

My question is how can I create a new account on FTP without them knowing it comes from the same computer? Is the only way around this is getting a new computer?

I've been told that FT has the capabilities to track IP addresses and search your drives for Bot usage. That they have the ability to see exactly what is on your hard drive, in your memory, and what programs are currently running. It has full access to your computers admin account.

I wouldn't be asking this, but I feel it was totally unfair what they did in light of the fact that we did nothing wrong...what are people suppose to do if they only have one computer in the household and they each want to have their own account?

Anyway, whatever info you could provide me without having to buy a new computer would be of great help.

Banned

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they closed your accounts, dont make another one. You will just get caught and get into trouble,

My suggestion would be for you to join PokerStars Or Bodog. We have games at each and freerolls every sunday at bodog.

Good Luck

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really

"my wife" and I both have accounts on full tilt and on stars with no problems at all. I actually emailed their support and told them this and they didnt seem to care the least. were you guys logged on same time, im guessing yes!

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you run your poker clients on a non-admin account, they have 0 rights outside of running. if you're that concerned about what they will find, setup a different limited user account and run all poker clients logged in as it. it will have very limited usage rights

B

Banned

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Joosebuck, I am not that savy when it comes to setting up a limited user account or having FTP run on a non-admin account. Can you help me out with this? Maybe explain in a comprehensive way for a layman how to do that? I would appreciate it.

Banned

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
500 million play chips....damn. You should of gotten the $50 10Million play chip promotion.
Also....Unless they are tracking your MAC address, getting a new computer won't help any. Your ISP will still send the same IP address to your machine for the "lease period".

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just try opening another account with a different e-mail address. This is what I did at Stars. I'm surprised that you're having this problem though. If this doesn't work you can use an anonymous proxy server to hide your IP.

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find someone that knows computers, and just change your ip address. It's very easy if you know how.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WoW 500 million play chips. Did you know you could sell thoose for $500!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"my wife" and I both have accounts on full tilt and on stars with no problems at all. I actually emailed their support and told them this and they didnt seem to care the least. were you guys logged on same time, im guessing yes!

My husband and I both play at Full Tilt and pokerstars - with no problem. We just don't play on the same tables or in the same games unless it is a private CC event - and even that is not often.

Contact support - if nothing suspicious ever happened they shouldn't have a problem with it.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find someone that knows computers, and just change your ip address. It's very easy if you know how.

Your ip address is hardwired into the Ethernet circuitry.

Swanny

Swanny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm banned at Poker Host. It seems that sooner or later everyone gets banned at one site for some reason or another. It's like getting fired; it happens to most people once. Don't freak out about it.

Really now? Hmmm...

D

DukeDrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it's not..

You can change your IP.. google it.
Your IP address is dependent on your connection. If you use DSL (or something else that "dials" out for a connection) than chances are your IP address is dynamically assigned based on what's available. Short version: it's different every time you connect. If you have a cable modem, then it will stay fixed unless you change it.

FTP will nuke your account if you have two accounts at the same IP and are playing at the same tables on a regular basis... especially if it's you play with real money.

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if you manage to get another account opened, Im not sure that would help. Youre still who you are and cashing out could be a problem. If they happen to catch on, youre going to be out all of your winnings. If it were me I'd just chalk it up to experience and move on. There plenty of other places to play that are better...try stars or absolute or bodog.

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could also call them and explain everything.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good ol new mems and their fav old posts....

S

slipsy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ive also tried to open too accounts with various sites on one pc but they always say your ip addressses are the same and your account then becomes blocked never mind thers hundreds of other site to try lol

Status
Not open for further replies.