bankroll management

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Total posts
i started off with a $50.00 deposit on fulltilt about 9 months ago. i went from 50 to 200 playing micro no limit holdem. i then went from 200 to 500 playing 5.00 sng's. After breaking even for a month in the sit n gos, i went back to ring games, this time .25/.50. this was when i really started winning. i went from 500 to 1500 in only a couple of months. i then moved up to the .50/1.00 blinds, where i went from 1500 to 2000. but after that things went all down hill. it seemed there was nothing i could to stop myself from losing. i just kept getting sucked out all the time, or losing with a full house to a better fullhouse. i went from 2000 to 1000 in under a month and had to move back down in blinds. im only 18 but i would like to consider myself a very good poker player. i'm just wondering if anybody has any advice for me to get my bankroll back up or how i could of lost half of it in the first place. i usually am the one defending fulltilt poker when everyone says it's rigged, but as of late it seems that i cannot win.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Total posts
It's not rigged, your experiencing variance. A 10 buy in downswing is not that rare believe me. Search for the threads on bankroll management there are lots of them. When your on a downswing such as yours you need to drop down in stakes a little quicker, before losing 1/2 your roll. Go back to 25nl grind it out until you get your confidence back and you start winning again.

Aim to have around 30-50 buy ins for the stakes your playing, some will say more some will say less. But as you now know 10 BI downswings happen so the more conservative you are in your approach the better. GL.

U

Uygar89

Total posts
wow thats very nice, and i think its the correct way to play nl25 with 500 dollars.
i often make the mistake to play at high limits with just a few dollars and thats the reason why i always go broke.

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Total posts
thanks ag, those were very insigtful

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management