Bankroll

retrogamer

retrogamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently installed full tilt poker on my computer a month ago or so, and decided I want to see if I can create my own bankroll by playing freerolls. I have got just over $10 on my bankroll right now.

My question is should I just keep plugging away at freerolls trying to increase my stack?

Or is there any specific games on full tilt that you reccomend for my low bankroll?

let me know, thanks.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 SNGs, or whatever the smallest stakes cash tables will work fine. Just play very tight and you'll be better in no time. No need to practice real bankroll management until you've got around $50. Just stick to the lowest staked games, you will earn more there and the games are more realistic.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the $1 SNGs with 6 or maybe 9 people max. Bigger payout with 18 or 27 but odds are greater. Plug away at the single tables and build it up. GL.

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the .01/.02 cash games,do not try and bluff and play tight.

Patiance patiance patiance:deal:

thats how i started and dont stop the free roll.

Good luck

Lazmansa:D

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a $0.30 satellite to the Daily Dollar in the SnG lobby. You have over 35 buy in's for these, so can comfortably give them a go.
9 seats, 2 players advance to the daily dollar, 3rd spot get their buy-in back. If you finish top 2 you can unregister from the daily dollar and bank $1 in tournament cash. Plug away at these and you should find your bankroll increasing steadily...they are pretty soft but prepare for some bad beats...some players will be on any 2 cards!

If you wanna take a step up, try the £1+$0.20 matrix games. VERY low risk.

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you really get $1T when you unregister after winning the .30 buy in? I have played the 50 point entry method, but when you unregister from that all you get is 200 points. Interesting.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deposit, start playing with proper bankroll management.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently installed full tilt poker on my computer a month ago or so, and decided I want to see if I can create my own bankroll by playing freerolls. I have got just over $10 on my bankroll right now.

My question is should I just keep plugging away at freerolls trying to increase my stack?

Or is there any specific games on full tilt that you reccomend for my low bankroll?

let me know, thanks.

Deposit, start playing with proper bankroll management.

I don't think depositing will make him achieve his goal.

In response to OP, I would try $1 sngs and work it up from there. If you are a decent player, you should be able to slowly build up the BR. Don't get discouraged if you don't double up your BR in a day or something, because that is how you will go broke. Just keep plugging away and be patient.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a $0.30 satellite to the Daily Dollar in the SnG lobby. You have over 35 buy in's for these, so can comfortably give them a go.
9 seats, 2 players advance to the daily dollar, 3rd spot get their buy-in back. If you finish top 2 you can unregister from the daily dollar and bank $1 in tournament cash. Plug away at these and you should find your bankroll increasing steadily...they are pretty soft but prepare for some bad beats...some players will be on any 2 cards!

If you wanna take a step up, try the £1+$0.20 matrix games. VERY low risk.

^^^^^This.

I play those whenever I get below $10. These satelites are VERY easy to make it in the money. My ROI is over 50% playing these quarter games. Of course remember to unregister for the daily dollar to get your account credited with these T$'s.

Once you get up to a combination of $25 in cash and T$'s move up to the $1.25 SNG's. These are very beatable too. If ya happen to drop below $10 again, just go back to the quarter games

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally when my bankroll is low i like to play Heads Up for $1.10. I consider myself a decent heds up player not sure how u feel about it. But u win $2 if u win.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing heads up is a pretty bad idea when low. There is a lot of variance in those games, you'd be better off with the $1 9mans or .01/.02. You aren't looking for a quick fix, you need something sustainable.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is not depositing and creating a bankroll a bad idea?

I haven't deposited, have cashed out a few hundred bucks, and have a small bankroll on PS and FT that can sustain my few games a night. I don't know how you could call being able to play with free money a bad idea.

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max SnG are my cup of tea when my bankroll gets low, in fact i do so well on them I should stop wasting my time and money in cash games and stick to the 6 maxers

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

let me know, thanks.
dude i've been trying to stack and i'm only at $6.26 i don't get very luky but with the freerolls now at 7500 ppl its almost impossible to cash play the low dallor sit and goes:cool:

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is not depositing and creating a bankroll a bad idea?
You learn all sorts of bad habits that hinder your growth as a player, your win-rate in freerolls is tiny compared to your win-rate at even the smallest stakes, you have to deposit in order to collect rake back, ect. ect.

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude i've been trying to stack and i'm only at $6.26 i don't get very luky but with the freerolls now at 7500 ppl its almost impossible to cash play the low dallor sit and goes:cool:

I complete agree. Freerolls on the bigger sites have so many people that you need a lot of luck to get far enough to win something meaningful. 5-10k players is hard to get into the money. I've had a lot of success building a bankroll playing 6-handed SNGs. I always fall back to those when I need build up my br.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
$1.25 SNG's and 1/2 cent tables, I wish you the best of luck on building up your bankroll. I once went from $1-$80 on pokerstars, I was running hot then just lost it all because I wasn't following BRM (bankroll management). :D

retrogamer

retrogamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of good info yall. Its actually been very helpful. thanks :D

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You learn all sorts of bad habits that hinder your growth as a player, your win-rate in freerolls is tiny compared to your win-rate at even the smallest stakes, you have to deposit in order to collect rake back, ect. ect.

I can agree with the learning bad habits in freerolls. But if you want to start from $0 this is where you have to start, at least the freerolls are better than practicing play money, imo, well once you get towards the end.

Never heard of needing to deposit to get rakeback. Haven't tried getting rakeback, but I know my friend got rakeback on his account having never deposited. Seems like the needing to deposit to withdraw myth ppl have come to take as true.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't tried getting rakeback, but I know my friend got rakeback on his account having never deposited. Seems like the needing to deposit to withdraw myth ppl have come to take as true.
Usually your affiliate will require that you deposit at the site, but I suppose this can vary based on your affiliate. Mine requires a deposit within 30 days of registering your account with them in order to collect rake back.

When I started playing, I was tracking my results, and I earned 2 cents an hour playing freerolls. If you win at even a super modest win-rate (1bb/100) and you play 4 tables of $2 NLHE, you'll make around 2.8bb per hour, or 5.6 cents an hour, plus rakeback & bonus. And having deposited, you'll be playing within bankroll management, so you'll be unlikely to go busto.

Sure, play freerolls for a while until you cash once or twice. After that, deposit.

Last edited:
N

nipper672

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My problem is I do great on sit and go's then build up my bankroll then I move to rebuys MT and crash my bankroll in a few nights. Sighhhhh...then starting building back up with SnG. You'd think I'd learn.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I never deposited on cake and I get 33% rakeback.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C9 is being very honest and offering solid advice. Playing freerolls are for learning the game. Depositing along with bonus' rakeback and the ability to play for real amounts of money make grinding freerolls an unnecessary chore. If you can beat a FT freeroll you can probably beat a 1$ game.

I got rakeback on FT after getting someone to transfer me some money. Granted I didn't have an affliate previous.

Oh and you do have to deposit to withdraw, you just do.

retrogamer

retrogamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes its true you dont need to deposit to get rakeback.

I use raketherake

Only thing is you need to build atleast $10 bankroll some way within 60 days of joining raketherake.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management