Bankroll from 0

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know its out of my br but I really dont have any other options lol so I'm just gonna do my best and hope I can survive to the money in a couple so I can really start to build.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started off with 0 and was able to build it up to a little over a hundred in the past few weeks, withdrew it and startin over again but it does feel good to be able to turn nothing into something. it was the first time i was able to build an actual bankroll from 0.

slowpoke

slowpoke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hope you do well i won a $100 freeroll last night on bet365 and won$25 then i built it up to $200 and withdrew so its possible to achieve your goal..and im only 16 lol

Hmm I wouldn't mention it because you aren't allowed to gamble if under 18 and some countries 21. poker site moderators do read forums and you will be caught...

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started from zero on poker stars and accumulated 4$ playing freerolls as I reported here previously. Then I played in a 10 cent big blind ring game and lost it all in less than 40 hands. Lol. Have to start over now. I understand this happened to Ferguson 2 or 3 times also.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as I said last time I had won 1.37 in the cardschat freeroll. Tonight I played in the $100 HORSE freeroll on Full Tilt. I played for over 6 hours and came in 1st place! During the tournement I rarely fell out of the top 20. over 90 percent of the time I was in the top 10, and never once fell below the chip average. My total BR now is $16.37! This win helps things alot for me, next step is $50! Winner

B

Bigwerm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started from 0 then i put in 50 bucks and bam im back to 0! :)

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never seen how often a day Jesus played, maybe I missed it. Just curious, does anyone know?

There's a Blog somewhere that has lots of detail on the Chris Ferguson challenge, I think there's a link on his challenge site.

Apparently, Chris played only about 200 hours total before reaching the 10K. This puts the 18 months into perspective, because he simply didn't play that much.
He often played up to 6 tables at a time though.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as I said last time I had won 1.37 in the cardschat freeroll. Tonight I played in the $100 HORSE freeroll on Full Tilt. I played for over 6 hours and came in 1st place!

Hmmmm. $2.50/hour. Sometimes I think many of us should just get a job at Burger King for a few hours and make a decent deposit.

C

Craized

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm up to 1k from nothing, it started with winning a CC freeroll :D

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Build bank roll

Hi,

Has anyone build a bank roll by winning play chips and selling play chips at pokerstars.com?

Thanks

Last edited:
pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Has anyone build a bank roll by winning play chips and selling play chips at pokerstars.com?

Thanks
I have been working on this in my spare time. Although I have over a million, I want to build up a play money bankroll before I sell any.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, reading this thread has helped me out a little. I initially had $50 in my account but I kept buying in for $10 and $20 SnGs until I was up to about $230. In the past 3 days I have lost all of that and bought in for another $50, which went down to $35 and is now at $15 after I went on tilt after getting called with AQ by 6 10 suited pre-flop and bought into a $20 game which I busted out of with a dumb call on the river with trips.:eek: :(

What should I do? Should I now only buy in for freerolls and $1 SnGs? I am in my first 2 months of online poker, so I know nothing about bank rolling at all and am not yet a good enough or experienced enough player to make up for that. Any advice would rock.:)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Thanks
Yes. I traded 600k chips for $6 and am currently attempting to crawl my way past the kiddie micro-ring land. Had my ups and downs. I prefer not to disclose my current bankroll, it's not an astronomical amount, but it is well above the 6$, I assure you. The toughest part is starting with such a low sum of money. Risking a high percentage of bankroll for just one buy in. To conclude, it is very possible to build a bank roll by trading chips. Good luck.

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting my quest too from $0. I'm not setting any goals; I plan to just keep going and over time allow this to be my one long experience to becoming a better poker player.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm. $2.50/hour. Sometimes I think many of us should just get a job at Burger King for a few hours and make a decent deposit.
He said it was a $100 freeroll, you can hardly use a no-stakes tournament like that to calculate hourly profit unless that's the only thing you play.

As for the idea of starting a bankroll from $0. I wanted to give it a try on Full Tilt and won $5 through a couple of freerolls.
But really, I just don't feel like playing these limits. Even if you make it up to $20 you can only safely play the cheapest SNGs at $1+0.25. It'll take ages to build from there.

It's too much work and requires too much time to go from $0 to maybe $100. In my opinion it makes much more sense to make a small initial depost of maybe $100 and go from there. You'll save so much time, it's not even funny.

Let's say you win $4 through a freeroll, and afterwards you make it up to $100. This is 25x the amount you started with.
Instead, start with $100 and you'd be at $2,500. In relative terms, you did the same thing, but in absolute terms there's no comparison between winning $96 and winning $2,400.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the point I was making, but in a lot more words.

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won 38 cents in a freeroll ten days ago, played 2/4 cent limit ring games until I had enough for three 60 cent sng buy-ins, then stair stepped up to 38 dollars and change, mostly playing sng's along the way, though I now occasionally take a buck or two to a 10/20 ring game. My bankroll management plan for sit n go's is that I must win enough for three buy-ins at the NEXT sng level before I step up. If at any time I place out of the money, I drop back down to the lower level. So far so good.

pokerchris

pokerchris

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I traded 600k chips for $6 and am currently attempting to crawl my way past the kiddie micro-ring land. Had my ups and downs. I prefer not to disclose my current bankroll, it's not an astronomical amount, but it is well above the 6$, I assure you. The toughest part is starting with such a low sum of money. Risking a high percentage of bankroll for just one buy in. To conclude, it is very possible to build a bank roll by trading chips. Good luck.

Is it safe, including not limited to be banned by pokerstars.com, to trade play chips for real money in pokerstars.com?

Thanks

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been working on this in my spare time. Although I have over a million, I want to build up a play money bankroll before I sell any.

How do you sell play chips on Pokerstars?
I can't figure out how.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in doubt, Google?

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have not so much 2 brag about :(, but need 2 brag bout my friend hubba :), hes from 0 2 about 100.00 now woohoo, neways last weekend he came 2 stars 2 rail me in free, aww i was doin soooo good :( 48th needed 27, he had 2 redownload 2 do that k, never made it 2 me (48th lol), 2day he made outta 6294 ppl 17th place, woohoo 4 my hubba, hell b in pokerstars 2morr 1,000 (hubba69) if ne1 want 2 say hey 2 him, hes HOTTTT

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is very interesting to me.How is the best way to build your bankroll from 0 to $.Freerolls?And then build enough to play low bankroll percentage sng's and rng games? I have $50 in pokerstars but can never build it past $60. I usually play turbo 45 ppl sitngo's or micro amount rng games! Some ideas would be greatly appreciated!

P

pens4ever

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
really

Does full tilt poker have that many freerolls?
I have been trying to build my bankroll on stars and I can never play when I want to play. Which poker site has the most freerolls?

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management