bank from scratch

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ask all the members how many of you started your banking from scratch starting by playing the free tournaments and what were the steps you followed to achieve success

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ask all the members how many of you started your banking from scratch starting by playing the free tournaments and what were the steps you followed to achieve success

I participated a lot and still participate in freeroll tournaments, and sometimes I win. but it’s certainly not profitable to get a trifle in such a long time. even so it’s more expensive to invest and play)))

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I participated a lot and still participate in freeroll tournaments, and sometimes I win. but it’s certainly not profitable to get a trifle in such a long time. even so it’s more expensive to invest and play)))

but if you win by not having invested anything you can save it to grow and then start playing the low levels, well it's my theory that you will win in free tournaments

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played from 0, I started with freerolls, for a very long time I have not made deposits for the game. I only play with money from freerolls.

Maxi1980

Maxi1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is what I am doing now, and the truth is that by minimizing errors, you get to the money quite often.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is what i did. I started playing freerolls and with the help of CC freerolls mainly built bankroll of about 50$. After that i started also playing normal MTTs and am now trying to brig up my bankroll to 100$. I never did any deposit.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hey guys..

I started playing poker around 2013(at zynga poker)
And trust me ... bingo poker was more like it:eek:
When i was introduced to pokerstars in the late 2013 i lost very fast $16000.- of my own bankroll:eek::eek:

So i said to myself: NO MORE DEPOSITS TILL I CAN PLAY REAL POKER:deal:

I started joining different forums en took up reading and watching videos.
I then came accross Cardschat and joined officially in 2016, before that i was entering as a guest
Then i got to know about freerolls that cardschat provides and said to myself: why not try and become a member. Because except for the freerolls i can get lots more benefits from being a member.
So said so done.
And I can proudly say that i have learnt quite a lot here and have imroved quite well.
I told myself never to deposit again and build everything from scratch.

In the years i've build a bankroll through cardschat, but sadly lost it all a few times.
So then i said to myself: I NEED BANKROLL MANAGEMENT

So as of in 2020 i started with my own personal challenge of building my bankroll from scratch to $10.000
As of now i am close to the $700 and climbing slowly but surely:deal:

And to think this all started this year I think with an $8,- win in CC freeroll:cool:

So i would advice you stay updated with Cardschat because it is here where i am making my turnaround in poker.

Especially take the course that Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier have here on CC it will be very helpful for future grinding

Sorry for such a long and boring story, but i thought why not tell you new members why Cardschat is such a great place and a special thanks to all the Mods and Admins and everyone behind the scenes that do so much work for us:)

May the cards be with you:cool:

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can start from scratch. But first she fulfilled the condition and replenished the cash register for a minimum deposit. I play freerolls and free tickets. Making a deposit is not included in my plans. And I want to play poker.

S

sickthis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing poker off and on for about 15yrs. I have started my bankroll from scratch a couple times. I withdraw when I want to take a break then play free rolls to build my bankroll when I comeback.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the answers i read them all any advice or experience you tell me is a good thing for me

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a gambler, I hate risking my money.

I have been playing many years. Because of Cardschat, I started an 888 account in January with free 8$ play. I built it up to 40$ or so, then I deposited 10$ to take advantage of more of their freerolls. Up over 85$ now (including my 10$ deposit).

So yes, if you are a decent player that has studied up it's not hard.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest thing is bankroll management when you are trying to start off. It's easy to see big tourneys and want to get in, but if you don't do well your hard earned bankroll will quickly drop

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for about 12 years and have only deposited twice for $40 total.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Built from scratch is a great challenge. Chris Ferguson have done it pretty well before black friday but now everybody hates the guy.

I'm always thinking about start a challenge coming from freerolls to bigger bankroll. And I'm about to do it here in CardsChat. But I need visibility. Because is the only way to really win something more than just few cents in the beginning. Is a real great challenge. Every single cent matters.

I believe is very possible come from ZERO to $1000 bucks.
And I can prove it.

But I'm not sure about the time is going to take.

Last edited:
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Made two deposits on PS and FTP. Never looked back from there. When ready to play for money, rather deposit than grind out public free rolls. Free rolls are great here to help bump the BR.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first mission is to make a bank from scratch to $ 20, and then it's easy)

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a gambler, I hate risking my money.

I have been playing many years. Because of Cardschat, I started an 888 account in January with free 8$ play. I built it up to 40$ or so, then I deposited 10$ to take advantage of more of their freerolls. Up over 85$ now (including my 10$ deposit).

So yes, if you are a decent player that has studied up it's not hard.

Final table today at CC freeroll again, up past 90$

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i started from freerolls, and i don't like to risk money i earn some dollars per months. i remember about 8 years ago i did a deposit of $20 and then all the future deposits i have made i used it whit the same money i earned.
however actually is harder to earn money from freerolls, poker rooms has less promotion. in the past in 888 and Full Tilt it was almost impossible not to earn money for micro players.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Built from scratch is a great challenge. Chris Ferguson have done it pretty well before black friday but now everybody hates the guy.

I'm always thinking about start a challenge coming from freerolls to bigger bankroll. And I'm about to do it here in CardsChat. But I need visibility. Because is the only way to really win something more than just few cents in the beginning. Is a real great challenge. Every single cent matters.

I believe is very possible come from ZERO to $1000 bucks.
And I can prove it.

But I'm not sure about the time is going to take.

It is a good challenge. My goal is to grow from scratch. I will make the effort to try to achieve it.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I built a small bankroll from scratch in about a year and a half. My bankroll is now almost $ 450. I think the most important thing is to always be patient and follow the bankroll management.
Good luck.