A

AllinCow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good day CC people,

How do you manage your bank roll (BR)?

When do you move up in buys in? How do you pay yourself through your poker BR? Do you keep your entire BR on poker sites?

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone has a different mindset when it comes to this ,for me .. if i have a $50 BR i like to stick to the 25 cent 90 mans if i play cash i play 2nl 6 max and if i have double that BR i move up to 5 nl cash and 50 cent 90 man sit n gos and so on .

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I usually keep my bankroll on poker sites.
But this is not always convenient. For example, now the site of the ACR works badly with crashes and I can not withdraw my money.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally move up when you are crushing that level you are playing. Your're bankroll moves up, decide should try the next level. Even playing micro-stakes you can have a $40.00 variance in bankroll.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I win tournaments or cash games, I leave some bankroll for myself in the bankroll and the rest I take off on a bank card, or I try to play and raise a bankroll from freerolls and then play normal tournaments and cash games!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For the most part, I keep the money on poker sites. But to replenish my accounts, I use an electronic purse. This is convenient, and my money is actually always available to me.

johnbartel12

johnbartel12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bank Roll Managment

hey all cc members...im new here. but i have a horrible habit of playing and staying at cash tables to long resulting to multiple buy ins and before i know it its gone. so i have the same problem. and its not fun at all.....lol:confused:

Rjz89

Rjz89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BR

I have always tried using 10% of my bankroll balance to determine a buy in amount? What do you guys usually use?

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to just start at a lower buyin and work my way up if I could not win. I find myself going nuts like that as there is no guarantee you will eventually get the cards. I now stick to a rule I seen on this site posted as 2% of the BR for tourney buyins to include the rebuy and add-on you intend and 4% for cash games. It is easier to focus on the hand by hand play without worrying or expecting.

If you really are getting better your bankroll will grow and so will the buyins you can risk.

TheFenomen

TheFenomen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is personal, but my way of control goes through the criteria of: field size, variance, field skill, blinds structure, win rate expected

ex: spins 3s, field easy, i have a good win rate so i do a agressiv control = 50 BIs is enough

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that where a lot of people immediately fail in poker is with bankroll management. I would recommend at least 30 buyins for cash games, 50 for SnGs and 100 for tournaments if you don’t want to have to refill. However, this depends on your ROI, the field size of games you play in, and how much you care about the money. A professional might need to use upwards of 1000 buyins for tournaments while 50 buyins will be sufficient if you want to have some kind of bankroll management but don’t care too much about the money.

Kirstenoli91

Kirstenoli91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Managing Bankroll

I live in Florida so I only play lives games. I usually never bring my entire bankroll when I play a session. I limit myself to 4 mid-sized buy-ins per session. I always set a goal for myself. I find this strategy very successful since it limits the amount of money I invest per session.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've only played Freerolls.
I have had a bit of success, placements have provided me gains ranging from $ 0.75 to $ 3.50.
I know it's little, but I'm getting better and my positions are improving and my earnings are improving too.
I will go slowly and when I understand that the quality of my poker is at a good level, I will begin to play tournaments of higher values.

Good game and good luck!

^A^njo

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start from micro limits until it reaches $ 150. After falling to a low, if it drops below $ 100, it goes back to the micro and continues to $ 500, and when it reaches $ 2000, it plays the big tournaments.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always tried using 10% of my bankroll balance to determine a buy in amount? What do you guys usually use?

Actually I can tell you another reasonable equation that makes sense but I found you shouldn't use. Funny story.

When I would play on Absolute Poker before the big FBI shutdown, online poker Index tracked me at an ROI of 35-40%. I figured all I needed to do was keep my buyins to 1/3 of my bankroll and I would be maximizing my profits.

I'll just say it doesn't always work like that.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've only played Freerolls.
I have had a bit of success, placements have provided me gains ranging from $ 0.75 to $ 3.50.
I know it's little, but I'm getting better and my positions are improving and my earnings are improving too.
I will go slowly and when I understand that the quality of my poker is at a good level, I will begin to play tournaments of higher values.

Good game and good luck!

^A^njo

I am the same mostly. I took 2nd in a tourney here last week and made my $14 last all week lol, peaking at around $19. Grasshopper needs to learn more patience in bigger stakes games. I may suggest the $0.55 tourney's. They are quick and if you play smart it's possible to cash in

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30-50 buying for cash and 50-100 buy-ins for tournaments
I'm not a the level where paying my comes into play haha

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am comfortable with 100 buy ins for micro the varaince is nuts..

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good day CC people,

How do you manage your bank roll (BR)?

When do you move up in buys in? How do you pay yourself through your poker BR? Do you keep your entire BR on poker sites?

The first question was when do I move up in buy in? I move up when I feel like I am beating the stakes that I am playing in, and have at least 30 buy ins for (Cash) 50 buy ins for (Tournaments) for example, I was beating 300 NL and playing $65 tournaments pretty consistently to where I had around $30,000 bankroll so I moved to 1000 NL while also playing a lot of series that had buy ins as much as $365. When I didn't do as well at 1000 NL and took about a $20,000 loss I went back down to 300 NL. I don't ever pay myself through my poker bankroll.. My bankroll is just that a poker bankroll. I pay for things out of my "life roll" I do not keep my entire bankroll on the sites. I keep my bankroll on Coinbase, and only make deposits if I want to play a certain tournament series. and keep about 500 on there for cash games.

A

Andrey Zubkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the maximum series of losses - the month of a gradual decrease in the deposit. I play tournaments and SaG

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't have the link but chris ferguson put out a great video on bankroll management about 10 years ago. pretty sure i saw it on youtube

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest one of my problems is bankroll management since I don't stick to one strategy and I try to take a lot of shots which damages my bankroll a lot of times ; but the ideal of tournament is having 80-100 buy-ins.